facebook

sorority rush

by: Junior

I'm a sophomore right now, and am considering rushing next fall as a junior. Do you guys think my chances of getting a bid are extremely low? Will I get dropped from all the houses since I will be a junior? Any tips or advice would be appreciated! Words of wisdom from juniors that rushed would be great

Posted By: Junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pc15   

I just rushed as a junior this fall and I had a great recruitment, full schedule all week and I got my top house (a mid-tier). That said, there were a couple other juniors in my rho group who only got asked back to a few houses each day but they all ended up in a house they love. My PC has a lot of sophs and juniors too so that's nice. As long as you go through it with an open mind and don't take any heavy cuts to heart then you shouldn't have a problem getting a bid. Make sure that you keep your gpa up this year too because that will help, and try to get involved on campus any way that you can.

By: pc15
#2  by: hi   

I know there are some school that really care about what year you're in but the reality of the situation is that there are a ton of people who don't finish school in 4 years so its really hard to tell how many years they'll be involved in the sorority. I rushed as a sophomore and ended up exactly where I wanted and my pledge class is about 50/50 between freshman and upperclassmen. It really doesn't hurt your chances, so go for it!!!

By: hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.