facebook

sigma chi house

by: House

Now that sigma chi might be leaving UCF would DZ get their house

Posted By: House
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: House   

AEPhi had been here longer but you never know as ChiO had been here lounger when Theta got their house.
Unlikely it'd go to a frat with all the crap they've been in lately.
It also took FOREVER to get SAE and SigEp to give up their houses because they owned them, so it's not like someone would be pulling in the next week with moving vans.

By: House
#2  by: GeedGod   

sigma chi wont lose their house

By: GeedGod
by: Yeah noSep 3, 2015 3:19:00 PM

Actually they probably will.
When SigEp, SAE, and Pike(torn down and now the site of kappa/ChiO) were kicked off Campus for similar issues, they owned their houses and now they dont. Loophole: they don't own the land.
That allowed UCF to litigate and get the houses from those frats.

By: Yeah no
#3  by: whatevs   

Here's the thing, it should go to AEPhi. They've been here longer than DZ and most of the time it's based off of seniority. BUTTTTTTT when Sigma Chi was kicked off a couple of years ago, I think DZ made a contract with Sigma Chi to use the house while they were kicked off and for the next couple of years for rush (idk if thats true or not but it was the rumor). It also depends on who actually owns the house, UCF or Sigma Chi (I think it's Sigma Chi) and if they do then they can sell it to whoever they want, including UCF lol

By: whatevs
by: Whatevs yeahSep 3, 2015 3:24:06 PM

Sigma Chi owns the house but that contract means nothing if they get kicked out. DZ would have to suse for they wouldn't get through money back or take it up with DZ. it's not a contract with ucf so if ucf takes over ownerahip, they don't owe it to DZ to let them recruit out of there.

By: Whatevs yeah
#4  by: haha   

I'm sure DZ's really hoping they do because I know they were telling pnm's during rush that they'd be getting a house soon, so if they get sigma chi's then it'll look like they weren't lying lmfao

By: haha
#5  by: Sorry    

Okay I'm about to burst everyone's bubble, the sigma chi house is too close to Alafaya, no sorority can have it because it would be considered a brothel.

By: Sorry
by: Go awaySep 4, 2015 8:47:52 AM

except that's so not true..

By: Go away
#6  by: Actually   

At one point Aephi didn't want a house, b/c not having one kept their dues low. If you think about it, that explains why Kappa and ChiO have houses even though they were chartered later on. Those two groups were interested in houses, Aephi was not. That could have changed, however. Only time will tell!

By: Actually
by: UmmmSep 18, 2015 5:33:27 PM

Actually Kappa and ChiO were both chartered before AEPhi ans ChiO was even here before Theta. All 3 tried to get the SigEp/SAE houses but it went to Theta.
Low dues are nice but you'd have to be crazy to be a sorority at ucf and not want a house.

By: Ummm
#7  by: hi   

Also some sororities have policies where they can only have a house after a certain number of years.

By: hi
#8  by: Awk   

No one except for sigma chi is going to get the house. How awkward is this post. Everyone arguing over the house even though it's staying with sigma chi.

By: Awk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.