facebook

has anyone dropped out of their house?

by: r

Has anyone dropped out of the sorority they got into on bid day and is just going to rush next year or not rush at all?

Posted By: r
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: i   

I did! It was kinda easier than i thought it would be

By: i
by: DropAug 25, 2015 9:39:04 AM

Why would it be hard? A sorority doesn't want to keep you if you don't want to there.

By: Drop
by: PanLandAug 27, 2015 7:31:19 AM

This is really frustrating to read. Being in a sorority is a privilege that was extended to you. The fact that many girls dropped without giving the houses a chance is disheartening. Maybe the house you received wasn't your first choice, and that does happen, but clearly that house saw something in you and gave you a chance. Don't they deserve the same respect?

By: PanLand
#2  by: Guest   

You end up in that sorority for a reason. If you don't want to be there then they don't want you there. But if you go through formal recruitment again we will know. It will hurt your chances of getting accepted anywhere. If they didn't want you the first time what makes you think they will want you the second time. There is a reason that formal recruitment is set up like this. You will end up where you belong. And those who drop just to go through spring. That isn't a good thing to rely on. Your waiting on a spot from some group just so they can meet a certain number.

By: Guest
#3  by: Nobody will believe    

I actually dropped zeta though most will say I am lying.. I got a bid and decided to just go for bid day and I hated it.. The girls didn't act like they even wanted me there and were more interested in the frat guys that came to celebrate than me. Idk I just felt uncomfortable.

By: Nobody will believe
by: I believeAug 30, 2015 4:41:02 PM

There's a reason why Zeta always makes quota but is not the largest sorority on campus and had to do a spring PC recently. They are killer recruiters but they have bad retention for both NMs and sisters. If you take basically only freshmen like they do and always make quota, you should always be the biggest... they never are.
It makes me chuckle and proud to not be top when I see KD/ZTA/TriDelt chapter sizes every semester.

By: I believe
by: ChillSep 1, 2015 1:42:31 AM

A lot of girls drop in every single sorority, top bottom or mid tier and it's often for money, so to assume a sororities retention rate is bad because of poor sisterhood is unfair. Every ZTA I've talked to loves it and has nothing but good things to say about the chapter, my roommate actually dropped because of money and she still goes around the house and hangs out with them because she loved it that much, I'm sure if people were saying this about any other sorority other than ZTA KD or tridelt people would never think to say it was because of "bad sisterhood"

By: Chill
by: Bad sisterhoodSep 1, 2015 11:34:05 AM

To girl who says their retention isn't due to "bad sisterhood"... in my original comment I never said they have a bad sisterhood. I said they have poor retention. You can surmise that's for whatever reason but again, if every sorority has girls drop for leaving ucf or finances, that should still average out and leave the "top" sororities as the biggest as they SHOULD retain better for all other reasons.
I'm just saying as of spring, the only sororities smaller than Zeta are TriDelt/Theta (the smallest) and DZ by 2 girls. Even ChiO who couldn't take a Fall PC had more members.

By: Bad sisterhood
by: OSep 9, 2015 1:04:55 AM

Theta is far from the smallest chapter on campus. They currently have close to 190 active members

By: O
#4  by: lmfao   

in response to "I believe"... it just seems like you're but hurt that you're not in zeta? Just remember QUALITY over QUANTITY.. ZTA, KD, AND TRI DELT get the best, so there's a reason it's called "top tier" and unfortunately not everyone can be there.

By: lmfao
by: UmAug 31, 2015 4:30:10 PM

If they're the best why do they have bad retention rates?

By: Um
by: Lmfao back at youAug 31, 2015 4:33:45 PM

Hi. "I believe" again.

I put Zeta as my 11th choice after ucf day when there were 11 sororities last year. I have never and will never be jealous of you.

That being said, you clearly can't do math. Even if you are "more selective", you STILL meet the same quota my sorority does every year and only take freshman... your numbers should STILL be higher if your getting almost exclusive 4 years out of each member...
So yeah... math...

By: Lmfao back at you
by: INVALIDAug 31, 2015 7:45:53 PM

Excuse me but there are hella sophomores in my ZTA pledge class so this whole freshman thing is so invalid lmfao stop being peanut butter & jealous

By: INVALID
by: UmmmAug 31, 2015 8:10:15 PM

Everyone's took sophomores then. Fine. Although 5 isn't hella but whatever.
You're still not explaining how chapters who take sophomores and some juniors are larger when we all get the same quota.
Again, Retention.

By: Ummm
#5  by: J   

I'll never forget when my first rush crush ran home to a 'top tier' house. She preffed at my house, a top house, and another middle house. I was devastated when she wasn't on my chapters bid list and I found out she ran home to the top house. She stayed in the chapter for about a year and then she dropped. She told me she didn't feel connected to the sisters there and just hated it. She said "I thought I had found my home but I guess I made some wrong turns". I'm sad for girls like her who don't get to experience all the amazing things I get to in my chapter, and I know if she ran to my 'not top house' she could've made some amazing memories here.

By: J
by: JAug 31, 2015 7:30:07 PM

Point is: being top means nothing if the girls are not happy and don't want to be there

By: J

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.