facebook

i dont like my house

by: ....help

I don't love my sorority that i ran home to on bid day and it just seems so hard to drop out and then rush next year. and i feel like other sororities wont even take me next year because they will judge me on me dropping out this year. What should i do??

Posted By: ....help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hoyse   

What don't you like about it? All you've done at this point was go to bid day so what happened that you don't like them?

By: Hoyse
#2  by: oh   

they won't judge you, in all honesty the only people who will know are the ones in the house you dropped. Maybe give it some time, but if you don't feel comfortable drop before initiation so you can rush again

By: oh
#3  by: j   

i would definitely wait it out. sometimes it just takes some time to adjust and find your people. most chapters have about 6 weeks until initiation and as long as you drop before you are initiated you can rush again next fall. it can't hurt to wait it out until then, meet some more girls and then see if you like it better

By: j
#4  by: Give it time   

The worst thing you can do is drop too soon. Stay a while and decide if its for you. talk with sisters and meet your PC. You can't tell much from just bid day. Besides after a few weeks you can still drop but you can at least know that you gave it a chance! Your house chose you and you chose that house for some reason or another so trust the system and try it on for size before immediately jumping ship. You will regret it if you drop too soon. Don't miss out on this new experience!

By: Give it time
#5  by: .   

I know when I rushed, it all seemed really overwhelming at first and I had second thoughts. But trust me once you find those good friends (which you will, don't worry) it is so worth it. I can't imagine not being friends with the girls I am today!

By: .
#6  by: Hi    

Was it not your first choice? What didn't you like about it? A few girls in my sorority did not choose it and they are happier than ever, trust the system, you never know what can happen and getting a bid again is not guaranteed

By: Hi
by: kAug 24, 2015 2:50:21 PM

it wasnt my choice at all. I dropped it all the time in the votings and i still dont like it. Would sororties next year, if i rush in the fall, look at it a bad way if they do find out?

By: k
by: DroppingAug 24, 2015 5:04:01 PM

To be honest, yes.
If another sorority finds out you accepted a bid then dropped, they will not like it. Taking a bid you're not serious about is not liked by ALL sororities because someone else could have gotten that spot and everyone recognizes that .
If you didn't like them you shouldn't habe written then down after preference night and then you wouldn't have matched.
But honestly I have to say that if you kept trying todrop them and kept going back, the other sororities dropped you so what makes you think it'd be any different next year? Not to be mean but the sororities will be mostly the same girls picking you or not in the fall

By: Dropping
#7  by: Real    

Look let's be honest. Every girl that expects to go top tier and doesn't tells themself they don't like their house because they don't fit in, don't feel comfortable, whatever. Truth is most of them are just mad they ended up in a bottom house and think it must be a mistake and that you're too good for the girls in your chapter. If this is you, get over it. You talked to what, 4-6 girls during rush and had a bid day buddy? You barely know your sorority. Give it a chance. Just make friends. If you still don't like it after getting over your post-recruitment bitterness, then drop and rerush. End rant lol.

By: Real
by: yesAug 24, 2015 4:24:17 PM

not everyone can be in the top, there has to be bottom tier girls too

By: yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.