facebook

tattoos and piercings in sororities at ucf?

by: Freshman PNM

Hi, I'm rushing in the fall, but I'm nervous that I won't find a perfect match with one of the sororities at UCF. I graduated high school top 10% of my class with a high GPA, I have high honors, etc. but I have 3 tattoos and plan on getting more. I'm able to cover up all of them during rush, but I want to be in a sorority that is accepting of tattoos, colored hair, etc. because that's the style I like. (It isn't anything extreme; I think all of my style choices are in good taste.) I'm an excellent student and I want to go Greek and be very involved in the UCF community, but I'm afraid of being a part of a sorority in which the majority of my sisters will judge me based on my appearance. Does anyone know which sororities at UCF are considered to be more "diverse" and will accept me even with my more alternative style choices?

Posted By: Freshman PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

go throught Rush and you'll find out. I know everyone says this but that's Honestly the only advice I know. But I do know a lot of sororities that are accepting of tattooed and piercings just find the right one for you

By: Well
#2  by: Style   

Just go in and be you! Don't purposely hide your tattoos and style and let the real you shine. If a sorority drops you for your tattoos, you know they're not for you. After all, why would you want a sorority that is that judgemental?! I know my sisters wouldn't care, we have several that have bold hair colors, tattoos, stud nose piercings, etc; like you soumds, they have great style and look adorable in those looks.
Be yourself and let the process work. If you dress in your style, you'll know the home you find in the end is the right one for you.

By: Style
by: Right onAug 7, 2015 2:39:57 PM

This person has it right ^ don't cover anything up or hide anything, be yourself! Because you don't wanna spend thousands each year to be with a group of girls who judge you. As long as you present yourself nicely, which it sounds like you would, then you'll be fine. There are sororities that accept your style

By: Right on
#3  by: tbh    

it's likely that most sororities won't mind tattoos or colored hair, until big events come up and then they will be an issue if they can't be covered. what i mean is, they might be fine with you having colored hair all year, until next year's recruitment comes along and they tell you to either dye it to a normal color or hide in the kitchen. a lot of sororities, especially the more selective ones, need everyone to fit a certain image just for specific events, even if they accept you as you are the entire rest of the year. the same way a job might want to hire you but won't put you on customer service if you have tattoos and piercings.

By: tbh
by: DiverseAug 8, 2015 11:30:07 AM

If she wants girls who are more open to that, she should be smary enough to be able to figure it our for herself when visiting houses. Even though they all dress in coordinating outfits, do you see any bright hairstyles, do you see big earrings and tattoos or subtle classy nose rings or multiple ear piercings?
In my sorority we dress extra nice, do our hair, wear makeup whether we normally do or not, but so do the PNMs, not because we are being fake but because we want to look our best.
But you'll still see some unique styles come out in hair color, style, accessories, etc

By: Diverse

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.