facebook

spring transfer

by: xoxo

I’m transferring this spring as a second semester freshman and want to join a sorority. I am good looking and plan on joining a top tier. I just don’t know if I should rush this spring or wait until next fall. I know UCF has COB, but I don’t know anybody there that I could get information from. How do you find out who’s participating in spring rush? And are my chances better if I rush this spring or wait until I’m a sophomore next fall? Thanks!

Posted By: xoxo
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: plan   

COB is over for the year. At this point it's spring or next Fall. You'll find out on twitter or FB which sororities are having spring rush and they usually post contact info.
However most top tiers don't do spring and are less likely to take Sophomores so why not meet sorority women before judging and assuming you'd want top tier.

By: plan
#2  by: Sooo   

I think you should rush in the fall and give all of them a equal chance you might find that the "top tier" ones aren't for you or Maybe they are but just give all of them a chance. Going through rush I can definitely tell you my opinions on some of the sororities I thought I would of loved definitely changed. Plus with this new PC class the teirs are changing a little bit. And as a sophomore you might have trouble getting into one or two of the top Teirs but just be yourself and you end up where you belong!

By: Sooo
by: AnonymousSep 11, 2014 3:57:08 PM

Often falls on deaf ears but here goes anyway. As a guy, I have been initiated into TWO fraternities... Yes you can do this, and YES, it is frowned upon. I joined BOTH for the wrong reasons (social status) and subsequently left both because I did not get along with the brotherhood. After university it will be extremely hard to maintain such high expectations for your friends, especially if you are even THINKING about leaving your home town or wherever you call "home" now. It is hard enough in life to find people that you click with and genuinely enjoy and love, without adding in the ingredient of being good looking or having a high social status. It's like saying that out of 100 people you will find 20 buddies, but only five of them are "up to par" therefore you will impoverish yourself of 15 great friends you could have had. Good luck with rush; cheers.

By: Anonymous
by: anonymous replySep 11, 2014 4:46:36 PM

Anonymous' post is spot on. I would never ever, not even if they offered me free dues for all 4 years, give up my so called middle tier sorority to be in a top tier. I had my choice of a top tier and 2 middle tiers and I didn't even put the top one on my preference card. My middle tier sorority was my top choice and I could never imagine it any other way.

By: anonymous reply

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.