facebook

recs

by: pnm

how important are recs? i know i for sure have recs for ZTA, DDD, KD, and ADPi. i was just wondering how far these will really get me. (1 of the recs is from the lady who actually started one of those sororities at UCF)

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Current sorority gir   

I speak from experience. I had recs for most of the top tiers and other sororities as well. I feel that recs actually hurt you. No one cares about them. The only time it may help is if you are a legacy, other than that, every chapter nationally is different from school to school. Joining a sorority is really all about you and where you fit in. A piece of paper cannot tell you where you fit in. Everything happens for a reason so even of the sorority you get to isnt your first choice, everything will fall into place. They all go to parties and keep in mind that you are the future of your chapter, if your chapter is top or mid tier the year you join, with the right girls, you shape the future. The social status always relies on the future. Hope this helps!

By: Current sorority gir
#2  by: reference   

A recommendation won't get you anywhere if the actives don't like you. You, not your rec letters, will get a bid. Not even being an in-house legacy (your legacy status is from that chapter) can guarantee a bid. Chapters change and they're different from school to school.

By: reference

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.