facebook

looks

by: Pnm

Be honest here, if I'm bigger and not one of the super attractive girls, will it be hard to get into a middle tier or do they not look at that?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hey    

every tier looks at that. the ones who say they don't are lying. but you can get into a sorority, just don't go in with the "do I even have a chance" attitude. maybe some will drop you, maybe some won't. go in, have a great personality (I've found a sense of humor is always a great trait) and keep an open mind for every sorority. don't worry about tiers that much, it will just cause distress and anxiety during the week. go in simply with the "I can't wait to join a great group of girls" mentality and you will honestly feel so much better. as for your looks, you might be being hard on yourself. Dress for your body, use makeup to show off your strongest features, and accessorize stylishly and that can honestly go a long way

By: hey
#2  by: Greek   

No matter your shape, size, or looks you ultimately want to find the house that you can call home. I know I used to think "can I go make-up less around these girls and feel comfortable?"

You want to look your best. But I guarantee after recruitment is over all the girls are taking off their makeup, fake eyelashes, and wedges and walking around in sorority shirts and leggings. So you want to also be comfortable with the after the "show is over".

By: Greek
by: hopeful pnmAug 7, 2014 3:50:06 AM

thank you for the encouragement. I cannot wait until the show is over... but in the end, it's all in good business :)

By: hopeful pnm
#3  by: Well   

It's not 'don't worry about tiers' I just don't want to be cut also everywhere and stuck with like 3 options

By: Well
by: PanJul 10, 2014 12:09:19 PM

Recruitment is a hard thing to judge. When I rushed there was a girl in my group who was dropped by all but 4 sororities going in to philanthropy day. She ended up running home to a sorority she absolutely loves that is mid here. The thing is it's different for every single girl who goes through recruitment, and if you do get dropped by some sororities and end up with only 3 options (which, by the way, is the max you can have come pref night) then you really should continue with an open mind. There are wonderful things about every single sorority, and there are friends to be made in all of them. Try to go through with an open mind and ignore the tiers as much as possible.

By: Pan
#4  by: Greek   

I have seen over weight non-attractive girls in top tiers so I wouldn't let that worry you. In reality, if it comes down to the last day and you only have 1 to choose from but it's the right one, it won't matter to you a year later when those sisters are your best friends.
I will say that I am in a middle tier sorority that a girl suicided us (put only our sorority on her bid card) and she prefed with us and all other top tiers.
Good luck!

By: Greek
#5  by: real talk   

look, if you at least look like you are trying and you put your best foot forward and don't squash yourself with poor self esteem, then anything is possible.

By: real talk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.