facebook

Letters of Reccomendation

by: Hey

How important are letters of recommendation at UCF

Posted By: Hey
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Don’t bother   

Zero and if not zero, then pretty close to zero.

By: Don’t bother
by: HeyJan 23, 2021 10:32:22 AM

Awesome. Thanks!

By: Hey
#2  by: OK   

I agree that they don't mean much in that they don't make a big difference whether you get a bid or not but... if an alum writes you a rec it gives you a slight advantage in 2 ways. As a courtesy to the alum, the sorority will usually invite you back to round 2. That gives you a second opportunity to meet girls if its a house you like. The other good thing is that it is an intro for you to the house. If you don't know anyone there and they send a good letter and cute picture it can put you on their radar. Again... they don't do alot, but they don't hurt. Just my opinion.

By: OK
by: AngelJan 23, 2021 6:24:34 PM

I got a letter of rec to pi phi and they didn’t invite me back to round two. My gpa wasn’t even bad so I know it wasn’t a gpa cut. I know a lot of sororities don’t really even look at letters of rec. I personally wouldn’t waste my time unless you’re a legacy and want to make that known

By: Angel
#3  by: family   

Don't stress out. If you're in a position where you have a family member who could write you one it won't hurt you! But this isn't Alabama or Ole Miss, you won't NEED them so don't bother reaching out to alum you barely know or don't know.

By: family

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.