facebook

nu secret society megathread

by: g

anyone have any info on nu secret societies this year? i heard griffon has already selected members

Posted By: g
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gowildcats7   

Yes, there are actually several active secret societies at Northwestern. However, as they are secret, I am unable to divulge more information at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

By: gowildcats7
#2  by: nope   

what is even the purpose of secret societies

By: nope
by: eJan 24, 2021 9:04:43 PM

It’s a secret

By: e
by: LOLNov 7, 2023 9:39:11 PM

If it's a secret, then it can't be any good.

By: LOL
#3  by: yeah   

Yeah I do have info. First step in getting selected for a secret society is go to the common app and file a transfer application to yale. Good luck!

By: yeah
#4  by: pledgemaster   

I am a pledge master for NU's top secret society. Selected members already know who they are.

By: pledgemaster
#5  by: Underground   

Underground fraternities and sororities are different than secret societies. Either way, you’ll be tapped or invited. They seek you, not the other way around.

By: Underground
#6  by: Hey   

The only “secret” society is the Duru, who decided their own set of rules each year new members join. The outgoing seniors would Tap the rising seniors from the junior class who had the most influence to meet with admin (think ASG, athletes, org exec members, high donor family etc.) And by the looks it, it disbanded years ago...if you wanted a secret society your best bet is an Ivy or Uchicago tbh

By: Hey
by: not trueFeb 20, 2021 1:44:15 PM

There’s a handful of underground fraternities/sororities and secret societies on (off) campus besides Deru. Deru members are public and even they went off the SJW haywire and didn’t even want to be there.

By: not true
#7  by: ronald monkey   

the ronald monkey society is my society. I love it so much but you can't join unless you come to the sae basement at 1 am tonight

By: ronald monkey
#8  by: Steve   

There is another secret society called Xi. It was composed of eleven (get it? XI) men only, mostly but not exclusively in frats. They were funded in part by Howard Buffet, who for whatever reason, was not inducted to Deru and created his own. As a result, it was well-funded, and the members and alumni got to take a Vegas trip together. Things like this don't need to exist in the world, but if you really aspire to it, you will find it.

By: Steve
#9  by: Troll   

The coolest part about being rich af is that you get to make your own secret societies if you were shut out of them and possibly even overshadow and overtake the old ones. No one thought the roman empire and ancient greece was gonna fall but eventually it did. So after you get rich af you can probably come back to NW and form your own secret society by intiating a select few coolest involved charismatic wealthiest handsome guys on campus

By: Troll

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.