facebook

what i wish i knew

by: Advice

1. Be nice to the girls in your Rho Gam group. The friends you make during rush will be some of your lasting friendships throughout college. They will also be great friends to have that are not necessarily in your sorority.

2. Focus on the houses that you are most comfortable being in, not the houses you are overly nervous/excited for. If you feel like you have to be perfect in a house and are nervous before going in, then you’ll feel this way if you pledge there. The house where you feel like you can come as you are is a better fit, even if they aren’t the first house you look for on your schedule.

3. If your main reason for choosing a house is your mom, your sister, your older friends, or where your new rho gam friends are pledging, you are not making a decision for yourself.

4. Your letters, hometown, and legacy status, do not make you any better or worse than any other girl. There will be girls who think this way... don’t be one. Be friendly to girls in other sororities, guys in fraternities your house doesn’t tend to mix with, and people outside of Greek life

5. You will probably not feel totally comfortable in your house or have a solid friend group until second semester. Your friend group will probably change by the time you graduate.

6. You will probably spend (at least!) your first semester wondering if you would have had a better experience in another house, even if you got your top pick. Everyone does, but focusing on this doubt too much will ruin your own sorority experience.

7. When you are a sophomore, give the new girls the experience you wish you had as a freshman. Be the big you wish you had, or as kind as the big that you do have.

8. At the end of the day, you are paying hundreds a semester to be apart of an organization. Don’t be the senior who looks back and wishes they had participated in more in more. These will be some of the most amazing and fun memories of your life, and they will mean so much more to the girls in your pledge class who invested in their chapter!

Posted By: Advice
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Wow   

This is actually amazing advice. I’m surprised

By: Wow
#2  by: Katy   

This advice is 100% true. The reason I ended up not pledging to a house is because I let my legacy status make my decision for me and I wasn't comfortable there. It is super important to find your own home!

By: Katy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.