facebook

phi delt

by: Honest Question

I'm a transfer student and I was wondering if Phi Delt is even relevant here? Whenever I ask around I've heard mostly negative things (plus that don't really have a house?) Should I just save my money and not join them? Thanks.

Posted By: Honest Question
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Don't    

They're upper bottom tier. Don't waste your time or money. They're are some great guys but they're irrelevant compared to other fraternities

By: Don't
#2  by: Let me think ....   

who? lol

By: Let me think ....
#3  by: beta kappa   

Chapter is a local (beta kappa business frat) rebadged as phi delt.

By: beta kappa
by: ThatJan 16, 2015 10:53:00 PM

was years ago honestly. Every guy from that is graduated by now.

By: That
#4  by: asbcdefg   

They arent that bad. Lower middle tier with potential. I think their nationals dry housing policy hurts them. Have a very long legacy at utexas and the "#1" fraternity (was the first fraternity charted) at UT in reputation up until the 90s. Thats what usually happens to top tier chapters decay inevitably sets in slowly but surely.

By: asbcdefg
by: bad national policies makJan 12, 2015 3:30:22 PM

A difference. Im speaking to fiji and sae. Sae just did away with pledging. Thats gonna hurt it in the longrun for short term gain of getting media off its back and saving on insurance. Fiji nationals originally on the same wagon with phi delt to do dry housing but luckily more reasonable heads prevailed and they reversed course from full committing to dry houses. Instead they do a mix of chapters needing to apply for being "wet" as long as they are on good behavior. If not theu get placed on the dry list.

By: bad national policies mak
#5  by: ^^^^   

so true

By: ^^^^
#6  by: mojo   

Not that great at ut. But phi delt is pretty damn reputable in the state of texas. Them sae and fiji. Other nationals dont have the same general consistent reputation in tx.

By: mojo
by: Good tryJan 20, 2015 10:19:58 PM

Phi Delt is only a top house at TCU, and maybe small schools. Kappa Sig, SigEp, and Sigma Chi are better houses statewide

By: Good try
by: good try haJan 22, 2015 4:33:31 PM

Lets see tech phi delts are top, smu strong legacy maybe havent been up to snuff lately but still top, used to run tx state up until they got booted a couple of yrs ago.

By: good try ha
by: bevotJan 22, 2015 5:38:42 PM

you just proved his point. Strong at one school doesn't cut it in Texas. SAE, EX and Fiji are top three in the state, with a bit of KA thrown in .

By: bevot
by: Reality CheckJan 23, 2015 9:52:06 PM

Phi delt doesnt exist at tech, and they're definitely not top at SMU. KA is only top at TAMU. Top in Texas are SAE, Fiji, SX and SigEp

By: Reality Check
by: @Reality CheckJan 24, 2015 11:12:38 AM

Phi Delt is top of the top tier at Tech. Don't know what you're smoking. They didn't get their charter pulled if that's what your referring to. It's in escrow. Go do some research in what that term means.

By: @Reality Check
by: Point beingJan 26, 2015 2:11:59 AM

Tech Phi Delt is in hot water, it's not like they're operating as normal

By: Point being
by: Huh?Jan 27, 2015 4:08:57 PM

Not a Phi Delt, but they've always been top in the state. Must be SX or Sig Ep trolling, because Phi Delt is better in Texas than those chapters. As for KA, they aren't even close to being the top in Texas.

By: Huh?
#7  by: honest answer   

Mid tier at UT with potential but will most likely never compare to Fiji, sae. However, considering that UT has probably the best greek life in the country, average frats at Texas are far superior to even the best frats other schools can offer, so consider that.

By: honest answer
by: NoJan 16, 2015 10:56:39 PM

We have a good Greek life, but not the best in the country by any means. Still, chapters like Phi Delt here would eclipse top tier chapters at a lot of schools.

By: No
by: Not reallyFeb 25, 2015 6:21:25 PM

Let's not exaggerate. We may have one of the biggest Greek system nationwide but the being "best" would probably go to Alabama, Illinois, Purdue, Florida or Penn St.

By: Not really
by: 5applesFeb 25, 2015 11:03:38 PM

And SAE rules the roost in all instances.

By: 5apples
#8  by: REALLy...   

is okay. Jealousy with the middle tier is just all over GR

By: REALLy...
by: PetrJan 20, 2015 9:47:44 PM

Is phi delt considered bottom tier or middle tier?

By: Petr
by: lolJan 20, 2015 10:16:54 PM

They're bottom

By: lol
by: Not bottomJan 22, 2015 10:23:18 PM

Lower middle tier. There's a big difference between chapters like Phi Delt and actual bottom tier chapters.

By: Not bottom
#9  by: well   

they're bottom but they do hang out with some okay sororitys like APhi and DG

By: well
#10  by: agree    

Strongest in the state are fiji sae phi delt sig chi. Phi delt generally lead the state until national policy of banning booze happened in 2000.

Phi delt was the first greek fraternity in the lome star state and also first fraternity at UT campus. long history.

By: agree

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.