facebook

ut spirit group ranking (male)

by: Longhorn

I’d like to clear this up and give my personal ranking on Male Spirit Groups at UT, just to help people figure which they want to join. I won’t include Spurs in this as they are their own commodity.

Tied for first: Iron Spikes/ Tejas
These are both by far the top spirit groups on campus as they have the most respect from the student body. You can also be put up for spurs if you are in either of these. However, they are polar opposites from each other.
Iron Spikes is more of your typical frat-like group of guys, who like to have fun and they mix a lot with sororities and have a lot of events like bartabs and parties. There is more of a true pledge semester and it’s a lot more of a brotherhood. However, the difference between them and a true greek frat is the fact that they also do a lot of service work and actually care about it. They also are affiliated with the baseball team so I think they like tailgate some of the games (not exactly sure). I would think that they are the most respected by sorority girls are girls in general, but don’t quote me on that. Tejas on the other hand has a cooler house but the members are more like BHP guys who like to socialize in a more chill environment. However they do have 1 or 2 parties a semester, but like to keep them open to anyone which causes there to be a huge line. I don’t know what the deal is but it seems like they don’t really have a lot of mixers with girls or maybe they just stay quiet about what they do. To me at least what Tejas does always is kind of a mystery, but they definitely have about the same amount of clout as Iron Spikes. They also have a different kind of “pledgeship” where like you go to their house every Thursday and talk to the guys and once all of them like you they let you in and you are automatically an active. There are def some guys that have been going every Thursday for like over a year and haven’t gotten in. Honestly, you’ll have a great time in either one of these orgs as both of them are kind of like non greek frats, but like I said Tejas is more preppy and BHP like whereas Spikes is more of your typical frat guys.

2. Wranglers
Think of Wranglers as formerly very like Iron Spikes and they were probably the top spirit group all by themselves like 3 years ago. Idk what happened but now they just don’t have as much clout. They do have a dope house tho and mix with some sororities, but this isn’t as prominent since they kind of dropped off. Expect them to make a comeback in a few years.

3. Dude honestly there are a couple other solid male spirit groups such as Blazers, but I don’t really know much about them as they just aren’t quite on the same level as those top 3, but expect these tier of spirit groups to grow and get better over the next decade. They are just too young right now to have the clout of those top 3.

Anyway I hope this helped if you are trying to figure out if you want to go greek or just join a spirit group.

Posted By: Longhorn
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: thanks!   

This was really helpful, but why not include the silver spurs? ELI5 please, I don't know much about the groups at UT (incoming freshman)

By: thanks!
by: LonghornDec 16, 2019 1:41:08 PM

To be a silver spur, you (for the most part) have to be in a frat or org first and then be “put up” to be a spur.

By: Longhorn
#2  by: AXO   

Spikes go hard

By: AXO
#3  by: I’m Greek   

Honestly spikes is the coolest brotherhood you’ll find besides your top frats. They party pretty hard and get sorority girls which is a plus

By: I’m Greek
#4  by: Mmm   

Spikes are nothing.

Tejas is waaaay more prestigious, has a rich history, a house, is hard to get into and was asked to join IFC at one time (the declined).

it’s SSpurs, then Tejas then Wranglers. Tejas has a totally dif vib than Spurs or Wranglers. Wranglers is more like Spurs-lite.

Iron Spikes is a distant 4th

By: Mmm
by: StopMar 28, 2020 1:37:30 PM

Lets not even attempt to put Spurs and Wranglers in the same breath. Its borderline disgraceful

By: Stop
#5  by: freshman   

What is the blazers? I cant find any info on them and looks like a couple guys in frats are also in it

By: freshman
by: bumpApr 2, 2020 10:01:07 PM

bump

By: bump
#6  by: Oh   

Wranglers are great! Check them out?

By: Oh
#7  by: Spurs   

Spurs are def better.

By: Spurs

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.