facebook

what is the pi phi dance party?

by: shr

I'll be rushing and I hear a lot about the Pi Phi dance party, what is it exactly? Why does everyone hate it?

Posted By: shr
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Not secret   

Pi Phi has their list for first invitation round made out before Open House. Instead of talking with PNMS, they have a silly party with dancing and chanting. If you are on the list, they may take you to another room to talk to you more.

This is a perfect opportunity to go to the bathroom or have a seat on the floor and take a break. You have to stay for the whole party, but you don't have to participate. It doesn't matter what you do at Pi Phi, if you're not on the list.

Rank them last, unless you went to the right high school.

By: Not secret
by: NopeAug 27, 2014 10:59:12 AM

There is no special room. Everybody is at the dance party. Stop spreading rumors. It's not that sinister.

You know what? All of the highly desirable houses already have their lists made before the first round. So even if you're talking to them and feel like you make a connection, you're not getting invited back.

By: Nope
by: @NopeAug 27, 2014 2:07:10 PM

The other top houses manage to behave like gracious ladies.

Why can't Pi Phi?

By: @Nope
by: wrong againAug 27, 2014 7:08:38 PM

you obviously don't go here. because kappa, chi o and theta have their own version of this. at least the pi phis don't do anything different for their rtp's....

By: wrong again
#12  by: Pathetic   

The fact that the national Pi Beta Phi leadership lets this continue is a sad commentary on the sorority. I don't care if they are the top chapter in the country. It's rude, selfish and cannot possibly be in keeping with the values of the organization.

By: Pathetic
by: wrong againAug 27, 2014 7:11:30 PM

have kappa, chi o or thetas nationals done anything about their "traditions?' no they haven't.

By: wrong again
#13  by: truth   

All of the top houses know who they want before recruitment starts. Stop pretending like they don't. If you don't believe that they do, it's because you aren't in one of the top houses. If you don't have connections and legacy to Pi Phi, your chances are slim but that's also true for Theta, Kappa and Chi Omega.

By: truth
by: LOLJun 28, 2015 11:24:59 PM

LOL at Chi O's still putting themselves with PKT

By: LOL
#14  by: curious   

Is this still a thing to expect at rush this year? I was warned about this but I hope that they still don't do this....its a bit off putting

By: curious
by: SMHJun 28, 2015 11:54:04 PM

They will always do it. Put them at the bottom of your list. You're already at the bottom of theirs since you're coming here for advice.

By: SMH
#15  by: Ben Around   

What's shocking about this is that women attending a university as prestigious as the UT-Austin would continue subjecting thousands of their guests to this year after year, considering the ill will it obviously creates, which likely blows back on them and their family in ways they cannot even imagine. Brings into question the judgment, maturity and tact of each member. I'd advise to steer clear of them.

By: Ben Around

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.