facebook

comparison

by: mill

Are TKE and Shady decent frats?
Also, which is better: to be a GDI or to be in a bottom tier frat? (Triangle, Delta Chi, etc.)

Posted By: mill
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hmm   

Not really. Shady is pretty douchey and is pregaming with AGD. TKE only came back a few years ago so they might get better with time, but they're not like Phidelt/FIJI/Beta since they weren't exactly a top house before getting kicked off. However they're getting a new house so that might help.

It's far better to be in any fraternity than to be a geed. No matter what you'll be part of something greater than yourself, and graduate with connections across the world and lifelong brotherhood. Plus your house may move up during your time here.

By: hmm
#2  by: Kindof   

Both are actually lower-middle tier (although TKE is considered bottom tier in some rankings). They are a bit better than some places such as Kappa Sig or Beta but not nearly as good as a place that's well-established such as PIKE, Theta Chi, FIJI, etc.

Shady has a bad rep bc the guys are kinda creepy but they do go hard. TKE had a pretty bad house last year but they are moving to a new one. It is better to join one of these fraternities than not join one at all if you are interested in going Greek. Like said before, you will gain many connections and have people who will always have your back, even though they may not be fratstars.

By: Kindof
#3  by: A2   

Both are mid to lower mid. TKE's new house will help them a lot. And to your second question, any fraternity is better than being a GDI.

By: A2
#4  by: What   

Sorry but TKE bites. I've been to a few of their parties and they were really lame. It was welcome week and barely anyone was even there. New house is better but I've talked to some of the guys. Nice but not really cute, pretty average.

Shady still has not lost their "shady" rep. A lot of the guys are chubby and not cute, AND douches. This one creeper brother followed me around the whole time even though I kept dropping the boyfriend card.

Overall though frat is better than no frat. When the open parties stop after rush things can get pretty boring. If you're in one though you'll always have plans.

By: What
#5  by: mich   

I would definitely agree that being in a "bottom tier" fraternity is better than no fraternity as long as you think it's a good fit for you.

By: mich
#6  by: no   

TKE blows. Shady is bottom tier.

By: no
#7  by: frater   

Shady is way better than not being in a house. The boys actually aren't shady at all.

By: frater
#8  by: lmkkkk   

lmkkkkkkk

By: lmkkkk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.