facebook

rush

by: Help?

I'm a girl and I'm on the fence about rushing in the spring. What are the pros and cons? By the looks if this site, the sororities seem catty. Are they really like that...?

Posted By: Help?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: miaaaaaaa   

"A Sophomore Guy" pretty much said it all. All the happiness and the "love" and the shower of gifts will only last for about half a semester (not even a full semester), and after that it's pretty much just mehh. I have friends who literally joined just for partying, but if you're looking for sisterhood, you won't really find any, unless u find someone u click with.

By: miaaaaaaa
#2  by: uhhh   

I think it's weird that a guy feels like he can comment on how sororities work.

Help, if you're worried about cattiness, your best bet is probably to check out the groups doing fall rush. It's much more relaxed and doesn't have all the pomp and circumstance of spring rush. You'll be able to get a real feel for what the girls are like when they aren't putting on their spring recruitment routine.

That said, if you still want to go through spring rush, I would really pay attention to how the girls behave rather than what they say. You should be able to tell if it's a good fit for you if you take the whole thing with a grain of salt.

Join the sorority you think you'll make the most friends from. Some sororities value their interactions with fraternities or the supposed "status" that comes with being in a certain sorority more than their sisterhood which is why a lot of girls feel like they were let down after the fun of being a new member wears off.

By: uhhh
#3  by: no no no   

Are you seriously going to take information on what a sorority is like from a guy? Yes, this site makes it look bad. Most sororities tell their members NOT to go on sites like this because it's bad for the entire community. It's a very small subset of girls that go on this page and post vitriol. Mixers and the gifts and all that crap the people up there were talking about are fun, no lie, but if you are also looking for a sisterhood, you WILL find it. You will of course be closer with some girls than others, so yes, you'll make "7/8" best friends. Two things about this: if you have 7/8 best friends? You're doing pretty good in my book. Not making 100+ best friends with every girl in your sorority isn't a problem. It's a sisterhood. If you had 100+ sisters, you would NOT be besties with all of them. But I know I can call or text any girl in my sorority if I have an issue and she'll come through for me. Some girls might get me better and might understand what I need more than others, but everyone would be willing to try to help. It's the best decision I've made since coming to school.

By: no no no

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.