facebook

new sororities

by: yaaaa

Sigma Kappa
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Alpha Xi Delta

anyone have any preference which one should come to AU? are they colonizing in the fall or spring?

Posted By: yaaaa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ...   

From what I understand sk at gwu is pretty awesome. They could really help establish at AU.

By: ...
#2  by: sorority   

i heard they are colonizing in the fall. i know panhel has a rule that if you attend bid night, you can't rush until the next year. does that still apply for colonies?

By: sorority
by: .Apr 11, 2013 3:36:47 PM

You still have to wait a full year before you can rush/be part of the Greek community again, because you accepted a bid card on bid night and signed the contract when you gave your preference.

By: .
#3  by: new   

i want to join the new sorority, but i signed the preference contract and ended up not jointing anything. will they participate in recruitment in the spring? or just the fall?

By: new
#4  by: oh   

me too ^
i would love to get involved a new sorority, and I know tons of girls who didn't accept bids who want to try the new one out too

By: oh
#5  by: why   

wouldn't it make sense for them to participate in round 1 of spring recruitment then remove themselves? that way PNMs can decide if they want to follow throughout with recruitment or rush the new sorority, rather than just having the new one recruiting in the fall.

By: why
#6  by: yeahhhh   

a new sorority would not take a fall pledge class. they would take their first pledge class after all the sororities finish formal recruitment next spring

By: yeahhhh
#7  by: ok   

the panhel fb page says help us choose a sorority to come to au next fall..

By: ok
#8  by: ya   

from what i've heard sigma kappa gave the best presentation.

By: ya
#9  by: more info   

hey what I've heard is that you should be good for spring 2014 if you choose to rush again. For 2014 recruitment you have until perf night (should be sunday I believe since there isn't an inauguration) to decide if you want the new sorority or the 6 already.

By: more info
#10  by: new   

i believe alpha xi delta will be colonizing in the spring of 2014

By: new

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.