facebook

trying to decide which is the best....

by: Possibly a PNM

Okay, I am debating rather or not to go through recruitment. Over these past weeks I have met a woman from every chapter; some good, some bad. I originally had a list set out of which house I wanted to possibly join, now I am starting to rethink myself and trying to decide if these ladies I am meeting are turning me off on purpose because they don't think I will fit because I am too dedicated to my degree study and don't have time to be part of their chapter or what. Advice?

Posted By: Possibly a PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Already Greek   

Go through recruitment! You may think you want a particular organization right now but through recruitment that might change. Recruitment is a mutual selection process, meaning that in order to receive a bid from a sorority you have to want them and they have to want you as well. If you end up falling in love with an organization and they do drop you, you don't have to accept the bid that you get if you don't want it. However, going through recruitment you meet so many people and you see a different side of each sorority. Don't let whatever those girls are doing or saying to you turn you off from going Greek because it is a wonderful experience!

By: Already Greek
by: AlsoJul 21, 2014 12:17:04 PM

A few members can't make the decision whether you become a member. Our sororities are fairly large and a few members cannot speak for the entire organization. It is best to keep a VERY open mind during this process. Many of us do not end up in the group we thought we would be in!

Also if you receive a bid to a sorority it is because those women see something in you! They like you, accept you, and want to be your sister! For a minute, just think about that...not tiers!!! Trust the process- it really does work!

Good luck!

By: Also
#2  by: Possibly a PNM   

How many do you think each chapter will take?

By: Possibly a PNM
#3  by: Welll   

That number depends on several factors. However, to a PNM this number is really unimportant- just go through recruitement and have fun! It will work out the way it is suppose to. Seriously all the chapters have positive attributes! Good luck!

By: Welll
#4  by: Possibly a PNM   

Thank you, Well, Also and Already Greek! I will take your advice into consideration these next couple of weeks! :-)

By: Possibly a PNM
#5  by: :)    

Dont sweat the small stuff, you are going to do fine! Enjoy recruitment, it is really fun!

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.