facebook

clothing

by: PNM 14

I have seen the book, but I really want to know what a PNM should wear to really stand out. And do we really need recs?

Posted By: PNM 14
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UWF   

You don't need recommendations but they would be nice, just don't stress out over it if you can't get them. And to stand out just be yourself. I'm in a sorority and I would hope that none of the other girls would judge you based on what you are wearing. Obviously just look neat and presentable.

By: UWF
by: OkayJul 2, 2014 5:41:08 PM

Let's be real, rush is all about being judged! Just be honest.

By: Okay
by: TrutherJul 26, 2014 8:44:10 AM

Get recs if you can.

By: Truther
#2  by: pnm   

Does anyone know where/how I can get recs? I don't personally know any alumnae so how can I get in contact with them?

By: pnm
by: AlumAug 13, 2014 6:43:08 AM

Tecs do not have to come from alumna from UWF.Ask around to women you know at church, or your high school teachers, or put out a message on Facebook.search Facebook groups as well. And if you can't find any you can still go through recruitement, recs are NOT mandatory. They help the chapters get to know you better, and it is always good to have a recommendation going in.

By: Alum
#3  by: pnm   

omg thank you so much!!

By: pnm
#4  by: C/O2018   

I have a couple of recs from alums of other sororities at other colleges, but is it okay to have a rec from a passed fraternity member or will it be overlooked?

By: C/O2018
by: huh?Aug 21, 2014 8:13:21 AM

Can you Please rephrase your question.

By: huh?
by: The Way It WorksAug 25, 2014 9:48:56 PM

If you are going through sorority recruitment, your recommendation must come from a member of that sorority, but it does not have to be an alumna from UWF. For example, you can have a recommendation from a KD that was a member of the KD chapter at University of Alabama. That recommendation works for KD. For Phi Sig, you need a Phi Sig alumna, ADPi an ADPi alumna, AXO an AXO alumna, AGD an AGD Alumna. . .

By: The Way It Works
by: SoAug 26, 2014 6:35:49 PM

You mean....I can't have a Tri Delt write me a rec for AGD?

Seriously poster above- PNMs aren't stupid, don't treat us like we are!

By: So
#5  by: Yeah   

I have recommendations from a number of sorority alums but I'm either not planning on rushing that sorority here on campus or our campus doesn't have a chapter for said sorority. That being said, are these recs that I already worked to acquire just going to be tossed aside?

By: Yeah
#6  by: To yeah   

1) you can't send rec to chapter that don't exist on this campus.

2) you don't rush certain sororities. You go through the process of recruitement where chapters rank you and you rank chapters. You do not "drop" chapters or rush certain chapters. That is not the way it is done.

So if you think you are going to only "rush" xyz chapter- your chances of getting a bid from any chapter is very slim!

By: To yeah

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.