facebook

true answer please

by: hi!

How important is your gpa? and do people get actually cut from rush?

Posted By: hi!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Trueanswer   

It is really important, I had an average GPA going through recruitment even though I was meant to be in a certain sorority because of personality and beliefs, I ended up in another one I did not have a connection with. Sadly some sororities do this and do not really care about the person but a number.

By: Trueanswer
by: hi!Aug 10, 2013 12:06:55 AM

I guess I do not really understand this reply to my question. From what I have been told about the way rush works, it doesn't seem like you are clear about it. But okay. Thank you.

By: hi!
#2  by: GPA   

Yes, unfortunately people do get cut from recruitment based on GPA alone. All the fraternities and sororities alone are values based organizations and academics is a common value among all of them. The base GPA is a 2.5 and it goes up from there based on individual chapters.

The chapters want well rounded individuals, and that usually includes strong academics. That being said, your connection with the girls you talk to are more important then the number on your GPA as long as you are meeting their minimum standard.

By: GPA
by: hi!Aug 10, 2013 7:16:23 PM

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense!

By: hi!
#3  by: So if   

Someone has a 3.4 they would be pretty positive they aren't gonna get cut for their GPA. What other things do you get cut for.

By: So if
#4  by: yup   

being an idiot and not using common sense will get you kicked out pretty quickly. Plus you have 4 years to drink and party, you shouldn't try to condense those 4 years into your 1st fall semester

By: yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.