facebook

fall rush

by: FluffyPNM

I'm thinking about going through rush this year, but Im not sure if this is for me. I have read a lot of posts here, and I get the fact that there are some mean girls on this site who just like to mess with other people. I am going to try and ask some legit questions.

What is it that gets you a bid? How important is your GPA? What is I had a 2.8 but my roommate has a 4.0, does she have a better chance? What about legacies, do they have a better chance, because I'm not one. Are y'all looking for really pretty thin girls or does someone with a little weight on them have a chance? Where should I shop for stuff, do I need new clothes, I have no idea what to wear and the booklet guide doesn't really show much at all. If you get a bid, what days are meetings on, and what if I have night classes? I know this a lot, but I am confused about some of this stuff and want to know. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted By: FluffyPNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: SororityGirl   

Your personality & GPA are most important. Yes, the higher the GPA the better chance you have of being recognized but that still does not mean you will be put aside if you don't have a 4.0. But it is very competitive. The weight and beauty department really does not matter, if you are open to any sorority then they will appreciate that.
Make sure you dress to impress when you come out to recruitment. As in cute dresses & heels. You want to look put together & classy. Shop at stores that are on trend and have good quality, ie. Francescas, Dillards or Express.
Legacies are not exactly common but if someone is a legacy then they do get special treatment, but like I said, those are rare.
Usually the new member period is hectic for any chapter so their meetings will depend on their specific schedule set.

By: SororityGirl
#2  by: PNM too!   

I'm pretty sure I have enough clothes for recruitment but I am unsure about one thing, so like what would you wear to the orientation night? (This is the first night, not the info sessions.)

Running shorts and a tshirt or nicer shorts and a blouse/shirt? Or still a sundress or skirt?

(It is kind of confusing because the stuff they have written on the website about the days/events does not match what was sent to us.)

By: PNM too!
by: Hi!Jul 31, 2013 11:28:46 AM

I would highly recommend wearing a dress and heels the first night. You want to look your absolute best because this is the first impression that the sororities have of you! As each day progresses the dresses are supposed to get nicer!

By: Hi!
#3  by: PNM too!   

really? Heels and a dress even at the first night which is orientation? I wasn't thinking that at all.

By: PNM too!
#4  by: Hi, again!   

I didn't mean your Sunday best, a nice sundress with wedges or nice pants and a cute blouse! Norts and a tshirt are not acceptable for Recruitment no matter what day it is.

By: Hi, again!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.