facebook

need to know

by: pnm

I heard there was a lot of drama going on with sororities this year. As a pnm I really would like some insight into this before I rush.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PanLove   

When joining a sorority you have to realize that there’s always going to be drama, not only between the different sororities but also within. Putting 40+ girls together is going to cause most of it and it’s bound to happen, it is completely natural. At the end of the day those girls are going to be your sisters and the women of the other sororities will be there if something tragic happens. Many of us have friends within other sororities so many of the posts on here are from disgruntled girls who are being passive aggressive. As a PNM you should be more worried about finding your home away from home, these will be the girls you spend 4 years with and create everlasting bonds with. When going through recruitment you should focus on the friendships that could potentially occur and where you fit the best, not the drama. Go through recruitment with an open mind and don’t let any of the nonsense get to you.

By: PanLove
#2  by: ATN   

As much as the message above me is a good explanation, I would like to know what PanLove means by "most of the posts here are from disgruntled girls" Why do people feel so angry at Greeks or other sororities to come on here and start drama.

A sorority is a large commitment, and I am questioning this choice. I would love for someone to convince me otherwise.

By: ATN
by: Continued!Jul 24, 2013 10:52:06 AM

of school, and they helped me so much! I know I can always count on them if I need someone. I could literally call just about anyone up and be like “Hey! I really need help right now, can I come over?” and they would gladly bring out the snacks and let me vent. There’s always going to be one or two sisters you just don’t get along with but you’ll always be mature and civil about it.

Sororities also participate in Philanthropy events. Many throw huge events to help raise funds and some are constantly going to their Philanthropy to help whenever possible. Philanthropy not only awards you with a sense of fulfillment as you help others but also makes you aware of how lucky you are. That’s another reasons I joined my sorority. My philanthropy hit really close to home and without it my family would have been at a lose. Each sorority has a different philanthropy and how involved with it they are just depends. Many girls also join for Networking reasons, many of the older girls who rush will usually go with this reason. Not only do most of the sororities have alumni associations that help with professional networking, there’s also academic networking. Sisters may be able to advise you on classes, professors, and even majors. Then there are also leadership opportunities that almost everyone loves!

I hope that helps!

By: Continued!
#3  by: ...   

people are definitely not angry at Greeks. Greeks at UWF are the only ones who get a true college experience. we run SGA and many other orgs here, so most of the power is in our hands. the "drama" that is trying to be started here is from sororities who are worried about their recruitment. take this website with a grain of salt and remember no matter what there will be drama in whatever org you wanna join. that being said, a sorority is basically the only worth while thing to do!

By: ...
#4  by: .   

bump

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.