facebook

hazing rumours?

by: Rushing

I'm rushing in the fall and I am really nervous about hazing, right now I am looking at the smaller ones (Alpha Pi Pi , Xi Delta Theta) but I have also heard that they haze more than the panhellenics can I get some details or at least some opinions about which sororities have the least hazing.

Posted By: Rushing
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hello   

can't comment to whether these two organizations haze but i can assure you that AOII and DPhiE don't haze (two of the internationals on campus)

By: hello
#2  by: Good luck with rush :)   

Alpha Pi Phi has a strict no hazing policy that is enforced across all of their chapters. I don't know anything concrete about Xi Delta Theta, only rumours and I'm not going to spread anything that I don't know to be true.

By: Good luck with rush :)
by: lolAug 8, 2017 6:02:30 PM

phi sig also has an anti hazing policy and that doesn't stop them... nice try app

By: lol
#3  by: honestly   

every organization has had hazing allegations at one point - most are probably not true. I would rush whatever sororities you feel most connected to and if hazing does occur stay strong and drop from that organization asap, report them so it can't happen to anyone else, and try for a different sorority the next semester! I wish you good luck as well!

By: honestly
#4  by: Meh   

Don't bother with Xi Delt, they'll be gone within the next couple years. APP's "hazing policy" just says hazing is bad, not that they don't condone it because they do (pretty sure they take inappropriate pics of their sisters to use as blackmail if they drop). Phi sig has toned down in the past few years, haven't done anything over the top in a long time. Dphie hazed when they were KDB, no idea about now. Aoii hasn't had any accusations in a long time, but again no idea if they're just quiet. Dpsid got kicked off campus for hazing and only came back recently. Tau sig pressures rushees into drinking during parties, not too sure about other stuff though.

By: Meh
by: UmAug 8, 2017 5:59:47 PM

APP's anti hazing policy is available on their website and it definitely says more than "hazing is bad". Can't speak for the rest though.

By: Um
by: MehAug 8, 2017 8:48:47 PM

Hey APP!
I couldn't care less what your policy says to be honest, because you psychos don't follow it anyways. But have fun taking naked pics of your sisters to use as blackmail ammo in the future! Your "sisterhood" is great (actually it's pathetic, but wildly entertaining)

By: Meh
by: wowAug 9, 2017 11:00:50 AM

Why hasn't APP been reported already

By: wow
by: AlsoAug 9, 2017 12:31:24 PM

I'm just gonna put it out there that I have 0 evidence of this, I've only heard of people that do. However if anyone has proof of this happening to underagers, I urge you to go to the police. It stops being "cute" when they're kids.

By: Also
by: truAug 15, 2017 1:52:08 AM

I have friends in a couple organizations that have talked about the pictures and said it's true, personally never seen them but they claim they have so.......

By: tru
#5  by: lol   

whatever you do, don't rush APP

By: lol
#6  by: Thx   

Thank you! I think I am going to go through Panhellenic recruitment I've read over the website and I feel like the panhellenic website seems like the most trustworthy. Thanks everyone

By: Thx
by: YepAug 11, 2017 5:50:15 PM

They definitely are and the experience is better tenfold

By: Yep
by: yesAug 15, 2017 1:53:11 AM

Couldn't agree more!

By: yes
#7  by: hazing    

De-pledged xdt because of the hazing. Apparently they did away with pledge bags (sisters were allowed to put whatever the wanted in these bags) but the way they treated pledges in general was pretty sad. Most locals do haze unfortunately whether its mild to severe. You're better off rushing an international.

By: hazing
by: TbhAug 18, 2017 9:08:13 PM

What else did they do? Was it just treating pledges badly

By: Tbh
by: And..?Aug 21, 2017 11:17:45 AM

This is the third time I've read about sisters giving the pledges bags and doing whatever they want to them. Is there anything else?? I feel like one rumour is just being repeated over and over

By: And..?
by: ummAug 21, 2017 6:12:13 PM

is peeing in a backpack not disgusting enough for you?

By: umm
by: LolAug 21, 2017 7:54:13 PM

@umm oh it's MORE than enough, we just need to get more drama flowing until they take the hint and leave

By: Lol
#8  by: @xidelt   

Are you guys ever going to defend yourselves or just let these rumours spread?

By: @xidelt
by: HonestAug 22, 2017 6:46:54 AM

I don't think any xdt's even go on here

By: Honest
by: HahaAug 22, 2017 11:42:29 AM

So xdt has finally stopped by ^^^^ sad

By: Haha
by: Oh my godAug 22, 2017 3:40:16 PM

I'm not defending them, for the THIRD TIME, I am saying IF YOU HAVE EVIDENCE, REPORT THEM, if you don't, stop spreading rumours and grow up!! If they are hazing they should absolutely be shut down, but if they aren't, no one deserves to have rumours spread about them. Why is that so hard to grasp?

By: Oh my god
by: UmAug 22, 2017 9:35:16 PM

No one reports them because the community freeks out whenever it's mentioned, we're supposed to "have each other's back." If we start reporting xdt and app then there are frats that end up needing to be added to the mix of orgs that should be reported. Also, take a pill, drink a glass of wine, smoke one, do something, you^ are upright af... Pledges should know what they're getting into, if your org has something they're ashamed of then improve your org, don't cry about us talking about it

#9  by: Um   

Who is worse, tau Sig or app?

by: PositivitySep 5, 2017 6:01:57 PM

They're both great in their own ways.

By: Positivity
by: CSep 5, 2017 8:28:17 PM

For hazing, Tau Sig is worse. But in every other way - sisterhood, reputation, general sorority experience, APP is worse.

By: C
#10  by: Sad   

Im really disappointed to see the behaviour here. What other organizations do is not our business and spreading rumours about APPs or Xi delts or whoever the most recent rumours are circling around is not helping any of the groups in the Greek community. If we spread the rumours further it gives all of us a bad name. We should value maturity and representing ourselves the best we can without bashing other organizations because in the end we're all striving for the same thing. I just don't see the point in targeting each other like this. It reflects badly on all sororities.

By: Sad
by: ^Oct 16, 2017 5:43:26 PM

Hazes ^

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.