facebook

Recruitment Honest Review

by: honest

This is gonna be a very honest review for the chapters who genuinely want to make PNM's feel welcome if we go through this process again in the Spring. This is a compilation of thoughts from the girls I recruited with because we each love the houses we chose but recognize the flaws. -AXO: There's not much to say than if you're gonna be recruiting based off of looks there's not much to say, it's just shallow and sad and the rep is just gonna keep growing and at least formally tell people they're dropped instead of inviting to one zoom and ghosting. -ADPi: Ya'll did great at the events and making people feel welcome! BUT I would 10/10 recommend dropping girls you know don't align as the process goes on. Let them know that they've been dropped or when to expect the next rounds email by so they know, that way over 120 girls don't get their hopes up for nothing. -GPHI: Also had great events BUT I mean if you know who you want also based off looks at least have the audacity to keep it out of the public or the meetings. No one wants to feel left out and certain girls not getting comments or follows while the "prettier" ones do is just so sad and degrading. Also don't preach "Greek Life here is so close knit" and unfollow new members you talked to right away just because they chose a new house. -DZ: Just put yourself out there, have fun events and make the girls fall in love with the sorority. -SK: Also had fun events, but don't disappear mid recruitment. Be consistent I know so many girls who had SK as number one but thought they got dropped because we heard nothing for weeks so they fell off the radar and by the time they were back, they had already moved on to another. -ZTA: If you're going to say "message us if you have any questions" actually answer and don't just ignore and leave on seen. Fun events but I actually don't know anyone who went ZTA so I can't comment from the inside, on the outside they just ghosted a lot of people and no one really knew if they were still rushing them or not they hard ghosted and kept everything secretive.

Posted By: honest
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hypocrite    

This was clearly written by and adpi lol. Damage control just cuz adpi is getting so much heat for preffing way too many girls and then getting their hopes up for nothing and leading them on. No other chapter did that, yet youre going tf off about axo, sk, gphi, and zta for “ghosting” hmm

By: Hypocrite
by: Boom boomSep 13, 2020 3:36:13 AM

If anything adpi wasted all of the other pnms time and energy throughout recruitment for letting them thinking that they would all get bids :)

By: Boom boom
by: lolSep 13, 2020 10:42:57 AM

Preference is when the chapter considers you to be almost part of theirs. They find a particular liking to you compared to other people. Inviting 100+ girls to a preference is not really a preference but an insecurity because you think you’re not going to reach your number of people you need for your sorority. This seems as an honest review, if anything you’re probably an ADPi member trying to defend it. Just accept the critique and figure out how you can improve it for spring recruitment.

By: lol
#2  by: sigh   

i agree with what they ^^^ said this does seem like someone in adpi wrote this... as someone who preffed adpi and totally expected to get a bid friday, and i almost did feel “led on” telling us “we showed a preference for you bc you showed a preference for us” and other things a long those lines so you simply cannot say sk zta and gphi did worse when in my opinion, all i felt was disappointment from this chapter in the end as did TOO MANY other girls

By: sigh
#3  by: honest   

I’m shocked ya’ll think I’m an ADPi cause i was also one of the girls who thought i was gonna get ADPi but I didn’t. I literally called them out for preffing so many girls in the post??? They messed up, left so many girls with no bids because they felt like they were going to go ADPi so put no effort else where, but despite their pref mess up, they DID do good during the recruitment process with all their events and that’s why so many new memebers wanted them including myself. That’s why I said in my original post they did good BUT they should really drop girls earlier on maybe each recruitment round or something that way by pref not so many girls are led on.... I talked about the other houses ghosting cause thats what happened, three of the houses fell of the radar and said nothing aka ghosting. they didn’t explain when we were supposed to hear back by so we know if we’re going further or not. GPHI especially did amazing at not ghosting and I appreciated that a lot their team let the PNMs know when they got dropped which is why I didn’t call them out on that, and SK also didn’t ghost at the end, but they did in the middle. They just fell off the radar from some time but came back with a few events but like I said in my post, PNMs had moved on that had them as a first so that’s probably why they had the second smallest amount of new members. It was an honest review on ALL chapters, and I only mainly called out AXO and ZTA for ghosting because that’s what happened. AXO dropped after first meeting and told no one, and ZTA was so bad at responding to girls and didn’t let anyone know when they were dropped so a lot of girls thought they were still rushing them when in fact they weren’t so I’m not coming for everyone except ADPi I just said the truth to be helpful criticism for ALL chapters if we have to go through virtual in the spring. It’s truly not an attack, and this was the thoughts of myself and the girls I rushed with where some of us got left with no house, and a few got bids so there is no bias. I understand that the process is new and has flaws that’s why I made this post so we can learn from mistakes, isn’t the point of recruitment to make PNMs feel welcome?

By: honest
by: lolSep 13, 2020 2:00:46 PM

girl aint no one gonna read that

By: lol
by: LMFAOSep 13, 2020 2:10:08 PM

fr ^ too damn long

By: LMFAO
by: YikesSep 13, 2020 6:20:02 PM

Not gonna read all that but I’m happy for you. Or sorry for your loss

By: Yikes
#4  by: Accurate!   

This couldn’t have been said any better! For SK I remember them saying at that mid point they were moving on to invite only events. ADPI preffed waaay too many girls and got a lot of their hopes up! ): ZTA honestly did the best job staying updated and having a lot of events but they did leave a lot of people on read. And GPHI or AXO made EVERYONE uncomfortable except their own new members, but at least they formally told people they were cut. You should totally put these reviews on each sororities ranking.

By: Accurate!
by: Accurate! Sep 13, 2020 8:32:07 PM

Hope this wasn’t misleading but GPHI let people know who was cut, not AXO.

By: Accurate!
#5  by: Me   

I agree, ADPi should have cut more women, so that PNMs didnt get their hopes up, but also, maybe they liked 120 women. Usually 1/2 the PNMs dont accept and go to other houses.

Where was Greek Life and PHC in this process? They should have managed the PNM side of recruitment.

By: Me
by: EhSep 15, 2020 4:35:10 PM

It doesn’t matter if they liked 120 women by the last round. They had plenty of time to see who would be good fits (as well as other chapters did). There’s no excuse for them knowing fully well how many bids they were planning to extend and inviting more than double of that number to what was basically adpi info night #6.

But yeah panhellenic should’ve given some guidelines even though recruiting is not new to any of the chapters and they know how cuts should work

By: Eh
#6  by: Me   

Sorry, i disagree. While recruiting isn't new, virtual recruitment is very new and not having guidance for how pnms are participating hurt the process. Normally PNMs can only go to 2 houses during regular recruitment. PNMs were going to more than 2 houses in virtual recruitment... its a numbers game unfortunately because again, PHC didnt manage the invite process like they normally would.

by: MeSep 15, 2020 4:51:23 PM

I meant, normally PNMs can only go to 2 houses on pref during the regular process

by: LolSep 15, 2020 5:09:55 PM

Girl, no other chapter had this problem. This wouldn’t have happened if ADPi only invited around 70 girls to pref like everyone else and if they were under total by the end, they could continue contacting pnms that they dropped previously since it’s literally called continuous open bidding. It was bad management on their part, phc involved or not, and they should own up to it.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.