facebook

kappa sigma 2nd rush week

by: sororitytyGirl

Why is Kappa Sig doing a second rush week? They got a lot of really good guys the first go around and letting in a second pledge class seems weird. So why are they doing this?

Posted By: sororitytyGirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Captain29   

I'm not too sure either. I know they had at least one pledge with a 2.4 so I'm sure they had to drop him and others due to IFC grade checks. Maybe trying to replenish those numbers lost?

By: Captain29
#2  by: Fratticus   

IFC approved an amendment allowing "rolling recruitment", essentially extending rush beyond formal rush week. It allows fraternities to extend bids after the period for formal recruitment ended. It was intended for smaller fraternities to have a shot at recruitment because the bigger fraternities tend to get the most rushees.

By: Fratticus
by: JohnsonFeb 25, 2014 10:56:26 AM

Yet Kappa Sig has the most brothers of any fraternity... seems kind of desperate and pathetic to me

By: Johnson
#3  by: ChapStick   

That doesn't make any sense...if they're the largest why would they be desperate for more numbers. They really didn't need to do it but probably did it just to see who'd come out.

By: ChapStick
by: Captain4LifeFeb 28, 2014 1:00:50 AM

My thoughts exactly. It is quite puzzling. I know smaller fraternities are holding secondary, informal rush events to boost numbers. They really need the help.

By: Captain4Life
#4  by: Captain69   

Yeah I thought it was kind of weird too, its not like they need the numbers

By: Captain69

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.