facebook

sorority expansion

by: curious

Heard that SC was open for sorority expansion. Anyone know if this is true? If so, who's presenting?

Or, who would you like to see here?

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sorority   

It is true that a new sorority will be added. Not this coming year but the next year. From what i heard (I have some friends on Panhell) they were thinking tri delt, pi phi, or gamma phi. I heard that awhile ago though, no clue what they chose or if they even have yet

By: sorority
by: yeahAug 10, 2015 1:52:25 PM

I hope these 3 present! They all have good strong nationals and alum in the area so they would succeed here.

By: yeah
#2  by: Yeah!   

I'm also curious who everyone else wants to see here! I really think Tri Delta, Pi Phi, and KKG would be great at our school.

By: Yeah!
by: Yeah!Sep 4, 2015 9:13:21 PM

woops. And by kkg i mean Gamma Phi. Not sure how I got KKG out of that

By: Yeah!
#3  by: fosho   

Pi Phi definitely has strong chapters in the area. Easy choice IMO

By: fosho
#4  by: Guest   

If ΔΖ was here before they'll be asked if they want to return and they'll be given the courtesy to recolonize if they so choose. I have to completely agree with your bottom choices and I wouldn't want those either!

By: Guest
by: ??Nov 9, 2015 10:34:17 PM

That's not how it works..

By: ??
by: actuallyFeb 7, 2016 12:12:42 PM

Most schools do give preference to sororities that had been on campus before. It only seems fair. What if for some reason your sorority had to go off campus? Wouldn't you want them to come back?

By: actually
by: ??Feb 27, 2016 1:09:53 AM

YES it sounds fair, but it's still not how it works.

#5  by: Bubbles   

There is actually a set process...Panhellenic( or the Greek Life office if SCU recognized Greek orgs) announces the school is open for expansion, sororities interested in colonizing at that school put together a proposal, Panhellenic chooses a few ( three seems like a common #) , those sororities chosen then make in person formal presentations and then Panhellenic votes on which they want to choose. A lot of factors are considered...what resources Nationals will provide regarding staff, money and what have you. Area alumni that are available to be advisors and give support is another big consideration. The list of who should and shouldn't be considered is ridiculous as I doubt you have any knowledge of the expansion plans for national or the availability of local alumni.

By: Bubbles
#6  by: Gdi   

I heard KD which would be awesome. They're at big west coast schools like Washington, Oregon, and UCLA

By: Gdi
#7  by: news   

any updates?

By: news
#8  by: ??   

Confused of some of the comments on here. Those three sororities have this # of chapters in California; KD has 6, Tri delta has 15, and Pi phi has 14. DDD and pi phi are in all the big schools in Cali. KD is big in the south, not out here... All three would be a great addition tho. Just stop posting wrong info

by: foolishNov 12, 2015 9:26:56 PM

So many mis-informed people on this board. There shouldn't be any rumors about who it is going to be, because there is a strict process on how this works and who knows which of the groups even WANT to be at SCU. You can want KD all you want. However, as far as I remember, KD has never shown the slightest bit if interest in SCU. Pi Phi either. Everybody needs to relax. Until our Panhellenic officially starts the process, we won't know ANYTHING.

By: foolish
by: yeah butSep 7, 2016 7:57:43 PM

Tri Delt really struggles in California. Regardless of the amount of chapters they have.

By: yeah but
#9  by: hm   

I wonder when we are going to hear who is being considered.

By: hm
by: re:hmDec 12, 2015 9:00:23 AM

yeah, same! I'm really interested to know and it's been a while

By: re:hm
#10  by: Interested   

Soooo...does anyone know anything? Who presented? Who was chosen? When they will colonize?

By: Interested

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.