facebook

updated frat rankings w new pcs?

by:    

I feel like things have changed a little since rush. Pike and sig pi are still top but I've been hearing more and more about how boring their recent parties have been. People also talking about the strength of some of the other pledge classes, especially sig chi and also tke but a lil bit of cal phi. Has anything changed? Or is it all still determined by housing...

Posted By: Gdi
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I don’t think one pledge class is enough to radically change the rankings, as it’s only a small portion of the overall frat. A frat has to have a trend of getting good PC’s to truly rise in the rankings. That being said, rush basically confirmed that the “main five” frats are:
Pike, Sig Pi, Cal Phi, Sig Chi, and TKE
First three are the top ones, as they have the best houses/parties and have guys that top tier sororities like. Pike might have a slight edge as the other two have developed “sketch” reputations among some groups, but they’re all about even.
The other two are a step below the first three because their housing isn’t great right now, but they’re still pretty popular groups with solid guys and did well at rush this year. If they step up their housing game, they have the potential to catch up with the top three.
Elsewhere, Kappa Sig has decent housing but needs to stop taking so many weird guys if they want to be considered a popular house within Greek life (IMO guys > housing). Everyone else is basically irrelevant, though ZBT has been getting better and could reach Kappa Sig’s level in a few years.

By: Real talk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Updated Winter Rankings:

Pike

SigPi
Cal Phi / Sig Chi

TKE

Kappa Sig
ZBT
ATO

By: 2020
by: hmm   

this seems pretty accurate. except sig pi should be up with pike and cal phi definitely dropped

By: hmm
by: Idk   

I don’t think Sig Chi is that high. They did well at rush, but they are still lacking in housing/parties, while the top houses have both good houses/parties and solid guys.

By: Idk
#3by:    

Sig Pi parties are generally boring after fall quarter. Honestly, they're not really a top house for anyone other than freshmen. Once people hit their sophomore year there's a pretty steep decline in people that associate with Sig Pi.

By: Junior
by: yeah   

I feel like after freshman year especially"rankings" become kinda meaningless anyway since there isn't a ton of competition night to night. It's more about who you know and have fun with, which tends to be different person to person. Idk could be wrong though

By: yeah
#4by:    

Didn’t rush this year because I have to save up money. Would definitely say Cal Phi and Sig Pi got the best PCs. Cal Phi got a good mix of guys who care about academics but still like to party hard with a few degens who are chill mixed in. Sig pi got some really respected guys but definitely some fruitcakes mixed in. Sig chi got some really good guys and a few weird/soft ones. Pike got some cool dudes but a lot of douche bags who many people don’t really like.

By: Freshman guy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.