facebook

general questions of frats at uwo

by: twelvepac

Hey guys!

I am very very keen on joining a frat this year and have some questions.

Firstly, when exactly do we rush and how does the process work? What is the criteria for selection? Can you get into a frat without knowing anyone beforehand? Do they emphasize grades (i didnt do well first year, am a second year)?

Secondly, what is the level of commitment? I hope to involve myself with other things as well. How much is the fee exactly and do we pay it in installments or upfront?

Thirdly, any recommendations for frats I should look into? I am a person that values togetherness and brotherhood and ultimately want to do this to expand my connections..

Lastly, are people rushing primarily first years? Or do people rush in second and third year as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Posted By: twelvepac
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: uwo   

Rush starts early to mid september, there will be a bunch of tables on concrete beach with frat guys so talk to them first, you will attend various events from whatever frats you are rushing and depending if they like you or not determines how many events you will get asked back to / if you receive a bid. All the frats are different so just go in be yourself and see who you vibe with. Grades are important but they aren't the sole basis and yes you can get in without knowing anyone beforehand, because in the end it's you they're looking at not your connections (even if they can help you meet people a little easier)

There is usually a date when dues are due but if there are extenuating circumstances the finance chair and you could probably work something out. There is a high level of commitment but you'll definitely have time to balance other things too.

See who you click with during rush, don't go into it set on one certain frat, get to know the brothers from each one.

Yes people rush second and third year and it's normal to do that

cheers

By: uwo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.