facebook

which sorority would be right for me at ull?

by: Anon

I am attending ULL in the fall because they have the best animation program in the state (intended major). I am a first gen college student with no family connections to any sororities.

-I am not concerned about popularity.
-I do not enjoy partying very much; I am more of a tea party/semi-formal affair sort of person.
-I don't drink very much because I can't stand the taste of alcohol (although I have no moral issue with those who do drink).
-Academics is my top priority.
-I like to pursue artistic outlets such as painting and crafts.
-I don't put a lot of effort into my hair or make up, but I always make sure I look presentable when I am in public.
-I wouldn't call myself genius, but I do think I'm quite bright. I like to read and talk about biology, (art) history, and politics.
-In high school, I have been mainly involved in student council and mascoting.
-I would preferably like to be a part of a divers group of girls.

Based on this, could someone recommend what sororities would be a good fit for me?

Posted By: Anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: welcome!   

you sound a lot like a KD!! Def not Phi Mu, they're the party sorority, Tri Delt wont accept not putting a lot of effort into hair and makeup, and Tri Sig and AOPII have really low GPAs.

By: welcome!
by: AnonFeb 12, 2014 2:29:08 AM

Thank you! I was leaning towards KD and Phi Mu, so your insight has been very helpful!

By: Anon
#2  by: me again   

But hey if you mesh well with the girls in Phi Mu during rush, definitely go with them. There are girls who dont party in there I swear! Go with your gut during rush!

By: me again
by: AnonFeb 17, 2014 12:04:35 PM

I will def go in with an open mind during rush for all sororities!

#3  by: truth   

KD? i don't really think so diverse is more AOII yea their gpa is low but it defiantly went up some considering they did earn 5 stars this semester. phi mu would not be a place for you, they are more party animals. maybe tri sigma would also be good for you to.

By: truth
by: AnonMay 5, 2014 11:21:05 AM

Oh, thanks. Yeah, I'm really not looking for a bunch of study holics as much as I am looking for a diverse group who aren't always looking to party. Can you guys tell me anything more about Tri D?

#4  by: gdi   

tri D is more of the typical sorority girl. kind of stuck up they all dress a like and talk to just each other and frat boys. they party some what and do good in school . the stereotype "daddys girl"

By: gdi
by: greekwannabeSep 1, 2014 1:15:36 PM

I feel like tri delta is much more diverse than that. I'm friends with a lot of them and they have so many different personalities. Its kinda cool when you see it all together. The loud "sorority type" get the attention but they arent the majority, just like in many other UL houses..

By: greekwannabe
#5  by: honest   

I would definitely keep an open mind. Each sorority on campus has their great and not so great points and you will hear many stereotypes and many people will like to talk and bash so ultimately it comes down to what house you feel is best for you and where you will feel welcome. GPA is something very important but can also be built up. Look at the sisterhood and look for genuine people because those qualities are what matter a lot. There's also a new sorority on campus as well ADPI that you could always look in to as well since it isn't listed on Greek rank for UL yet.

By: honest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.