facebook

Greek life in general

by: lol

Greek life, mainly sororities at UL are not the best. We have a good Panhellenic Council and I was hoping they’d make improvement but they havent. Each chapter has a higher up group of people. Normally President/Standards/Recruitment Chair and their minions who will boss you around and do whatever they want you to do. I know a particular sorority and the President basically only lets her friends be fellow officers, she WILL find a way to take you out of y’all aren’t close enough. Each chapter only cares about getting new members, once they gotcha they couldn’t care less about you. Just “SEND MORE NAMES OF PNMS”, that’s all they care about. I have friends in other sororities and they say it’s the exact same. Greek life needs to come to an end at UL, they abuse their members, work them to the bone then kick them to the curb, once the member has finally had enough of the sorority’s abuse, they drop, then the girls still in the sorority next speak to you again. So if you’re rushing you better make sure you’re a pretty blonde and get close with the President and her fam, cause that’s the only way you will have a decent time in the chapter. They also lie to the PNMs about so many things, my chapter was on a plan basically from headquarters saying we are about to be shut down, never heard a word about this til I was initiated. Which makes it 100x harder to drop; and you can never join a sorority again. They lie to keep members and make you pay. It’s a business, headquarters they just wants your money and presidents just want power for them and their friends. I’ll never forget when I told my President how badly she hurt me and she gaslighted me for days and refused to apologize or even recognize her actions and bullied me for far to long. I WISH I COULD SHARE MY STORY MORE PUBLICLY BUT THIS NEEDS TO END. They are just putting on a show for you during formal recruitment. We practice that crap for MONTHS, we research each and every PNM and pair them accordingly then RANK YOU, it’s sad, very sad. Nothing is “sisterly” about recruitment. I try to stand up for my beliefs and I get pushed down by the people in power. They don’t want you, they want your money, and your reputation. They fine you for things you don’t go to, even though you are paying for it. Nobody is happy there. Run from Greek life as far in the opposite direction as you can, it’s just a bunch of power hungry college girls that want you to think like them. DO BETTER PANHELLENIC, DO BETTER SORORITIES. I hope one day I can stand up more directly about the abuse sororities do. But I pray to god for all the poor girls about to go through the worst pain that I have ever experienced in my life. Please trust me when I say it that Greek life is NOT what they make you think it is, they are LYING to you for numbers, money, power, and reputation. Do not fall into the trap set up here.

Posted By: lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

Sounds like tri delta in a nutshell!!

By: yes
#2  by: Chill   

How much addy did you take before writing this?

By: Chill

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.