facebook

ull greek like so small

by: ab

Just wondering why UL's Greek life is so small compared to other state schools like LSU, MSU, Ole Miss, etc. I know the smaller size plays a part, but as far as involvement & percentages, it's still a lot smaller. I think the university's Greek like that is here is great, but it needs to expand

Posted By: ab
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

Aren't all the schools you listed big SEC schools? And what do you mean by expand? It cost thousands to be a part of Greek life at those schools. We can't expand to be as large as them when recruitment numbers have been affected by TOPS cuts and the flooding. I like the quality of people in our Greek life more compared to those who join big SEC frats.

By: lol
by: in kindnessMay 14, 2017 9:00:27 PM

A few years ago when Alpha Delta Pi joined our fold they were the sole presenter of interest. Are there currently women left-over from recruitment who need a home? Is there a large interest group ready to take on the demands of garnering a new sorority group?

By: in kindness
by: LolJun 3, 2017 9:02:10 PM

Almost every woman gets a bid on Bid day. There are a handful (if I had to guess, not more than 15) that don't get a bid if they stick with the process (as in don't just drop out of recruitment because the house they thought they belonged in cut them.) The women that get dropped from every house usually don't have the minimum GPA requirement or would be a standards issue (prior arrest or really bad social media post.)

By: Lol

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.