facebook

classiest/ non partying sorority?

by: CP

I am transferring to TTU in the fall and plan to live in an apartment with my fiance. He refuses to let me join a sorority because one of his best friends girlfriends moved to TTU and partied so much (with other guys not just the sorority) that they broke up due to cheating. So I guess I am looking for a sorority thats based on good values and sisterhood. I don't want to be in a sorority thats constantly intertwining with the frats. I will be moving to Cookeville knowing no one and having no friends so I am really really wanting to join.

Posted By: CP
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Ilymysisters   

I would recommend going through recruitment and keeping an open mind to all of them! Each chapter has their own values and personalities. It's best to just go through and see which one fits you best. Here at tech we have a nice range of values between the five sororities so ou are bound to find our home somewhere! You can even look on techs website at the different sorority pages. Good luck and I hope you find where you belong!

By: Ilymysisters
#2  by: TTU Sorority Girl   

I would definitely say to go through recruitment and just see which house you personally fit best with! Each chapter does activities with fraternities such as homecoming and mixers. You don't have to surround yourself with guys if you don't want to! I'm not that type so I usually just stick around the sisters I'm closest to! Good luck with everything!!

By: TTU Sorority Girl
#3  by: Tech Sorority Grad   

I was in a Sorority all 4 years and never went to one party and no one cared. I did the philanthropy, homecoming, and sisterhood events. You are not required to go to parties and they cannot make you go- that is considered hazing. You just have to stay true to yourself and say No.

By: Tech Sorority Grad
#4  by: Callie   

Omega Phi Alpha is a dry sorority. Give them a try.

By: Callie
#5  by: Go through recruitment!   

In any sorority, there will be groups of girls who party and girls who don't, just like in life. In any group of over 100 women, there will be an amazing variety of people, and that's the point. A sorority is supposed to help you grow, learn, and adapt. You shouldn't be afraid of mixing with people different from yourself! You have integrity, and you have your values. Simply being around people whose priorities are different from yours shouldn't change that. :)
Also, your fiancé should not "refuse to let you" do anything. He's your partner, not your parent

By: Go through recruitment!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.