facebook

every sorority girl has to have...

by: so

I'm from Texas, and my older sister is in a sorority in the south so everyone owns tons of Lilly, Kate Spade, Barbour jackets, and Yurman. I feel like it's different at USC, so what's it like? Like do people even wear Barbour since it doesn't rain much?

Posted By: so
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Rain?   

It never rains on the row but their are rainbows nearly everyday :)

By: Rain?
#2  by: soo no   

no, not just about looks. ignore the rude comment above. i won't deny that rush isn't superficial, but not each sorority only values looks. personality, gpa, high school involvement.. these factors can all determine whether you get into which sorority, not just based off looks. just go with your gut, and see which house you feel most comfortable.

As for the fashion, YES USC is MUCH MUCH MUCH different than texas! I have a few girlfriends who go to schools out in the south, and the culture is very different. Not many people wear any of the above brands you named. But it's not about the labels you wear. Wear what shows off your style/personality. Only a couple sororities care about brands, but I don't know if they're really checking for that during rush.

By: soo no
#3  by: Truth!   

Clearly girls in Texas have raided my grandmother's closet. Ick!

By: Truth!
#4  by: Country Girls   

There are a lot of Texans at USC (#2 repped state after California!) so there will be girls who recognize that style, and there's a chance you'll be put to talk with a Texan active in the sororities since girls are matched by similarities to a certain extent. I saw Yurman on one of the actives I was talking to while rushing, and see Yurman around campus as well as Kate Spade, but I have yet to see a single Barbour jacket (definitely an east coast or southern prep thing) and sadly, not that much Lilly Pulitzer either :( I heard once from a Trojan parent that a certain sorority likes Lilly because it's an easily identified designer, but I won't repeat the name of the sorority because I'm not a member and can't say for certain.

With that said, we're here to see who YOU are. Dress to reflect YOUR personality, YOUR background and who YOU are, and you'll find the house for you!!

By: Country Girls

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.