facebook

frat parties

by: Justin095

I'm thinking about rushing in the fall and am curious about frat parties. Are they much different than high school parties? Are they at the houses during the week or always away?

I'm from out of state and don't really know anyone or the campus culture all that well, but I got into the film school and am sure I will need a social life outside of that as well.

Any feedback on frats would be appreciated. I can't tell what's real and what isn't on the individual pages. Seems like a lot of crap is made up by haters for some reason.

Thanks.

Posted By: Justin095
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Went Greek    

There are a ton of different communities here at USC. Personally, I don't think it really matters which one you're in, as long as you find friends who make you happy. The most visible community, and one of the largest communities on campus, is the PHC/IFC Greek system. There are parties at many of the frat houses on Thursday nights that are open to all girls and the guys in that house, and maybe some of their friends. There are also larger, themed parties on Fridays and Saturdays that are registered with the university. Frats and sororities will also have invites and exchanges, where they load up onto buses and go to a venue somewhere else, usually a club-type place in Hollywood or something along those lines. There are definitely a lot of social opportunities through Greek life.

However the Greek community definitely isn't for everyone, and there are plenty of other communities on campus. Film kids have their own posses and parties, and theater kids at least used to throw a lot of parties (though they don't have as many as they used to). Music kids definitely have their own community, and the marching band is very tight-knit. There are plenty of other communities on campus, those are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head. And I know the arts ones in particular tend to bleed over into each other quite a bit.

The most important thing is to find a community, wherever it is. Don't slip through the cracks and not find a community, cause being alone sucks.

By: Went Greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.