facebook

didn't get a bid :(

by: sadd

any advice for coping? I'm an emotional wreck and don't think ill be able to rush again. i don't have many friends in greek life so COB seems off the table. it seems like so few girls were able to get bids this year.

Posted By: sadd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well   

did you maximize all your options on pref? or did you suicide

By: well
#2  by: same    

neither did I, and cob is my only hope but Idk how that works. I thought I did well with the houses and spoke to a lot of people and it just didn't work out

By: same
#3  by: More info   

We need more info.

IF you were at pref AND you chose both houses, you should have received a bid.

So...

(1) Did you only list one sorority and not list the second?
(2) Did you get invites back, but just to chapters you didn't like and thus dropped out from rush?

Or

(3) Were you cut completely before pref?

Not many girls find themselves in situation 3, so your claim that lots of girls didn't receive bids is not correct. I knew a girl once who was invited back to DG/Kappa/Pi Phi/Theta/Alpha Phi as her final five before pref, and only was invited back to one of them for pref...so she was really close to being dropped despite being a wanted girl, but usually girls get invites to a couple lower tier houses minimum. If you were completely dropped from ALL houses, including lower tiers, there's a reason and it's usually easy to fix. Swearing in houses, awful GPA, really inappropriate attire, bad rep (not just we don't like her, but major standards concerns) etc.

However, 1 and 2 are the main reason BY FAR girls don't end up in sororities. And in that case, I don't have a ton of pity...there were houses that wanted those girls, but the girls in essence rejected them, and then hypocritically claim that the rejection hurts. It hurts those houses too.

By: More info
#4  by: More info continued   

Continued from the post above:

COB for a couple houses is a very real way to get in. There are a couple houses who will be pretty public about it, and I knew a girl in the dorms who had a hard rush because she was really shy who totally flourished in COB.

However, not many houses do COB because you have to be smaller than average size. If you were #1 or #2 above, it's probably the houses you didn't want. At minimum, might be worth giving them a try again because in a more relaxed environment you might click better with them.

If the house is above average size, though, even if not a "top tier" they won't be allowed to do COB. We've never done it. If for some crazy reason we had a few spots as opposed to a lot, we'd probably just ask a couple girls to recommend a girl and then bid her.

Lastly, though, there are a million ways to enjoy SC without being in a sorority. There are a lot of organizations and clubs here, and at the end of the day the majority of the student population isn't greek and they have a ton of fun. Lots of "wanted PNMs" that got top houses will end up quitting at every house, some in the first year, so even for dream PNMs they realize sorority life might not be for them.

By: More info continued

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.