facebook

choosing a sorority

by: PNM

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to choose. I know everyone says "go with your gut" or "you'll get a feeling", but I've noticed chapters are more interested in my accomplishments and goals vs. some chapters engage in more random topics and have a casual conversation that don't involve much of me telling them my current involvements and such. I was wondering what I should be basing my choice off of.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: aaaaaa   

well for the chapters that talk about random topics, why don't you ask them them about their leadership or involvement, see what they have to offer.

for chapters that already talk about goals and leadership, redirect the conversations to something more chill. Ask the active member what's her favorite show or places she's travelled to. make it less serious and see how they respond.

next, what to base your decisions on? well what matters to you? honestly think about it. Are you more into leadership? Do you care about the social scene? Do what a bit of both or you don't care for one of them? Whatever your answers are to these questions is fine as long as you have a good understanding of yourself, your priorities and recognize the chapter that can provide you the experience you want.

By: aaaaaa
by: aaaaaaSep 22, 2015 5:52:15 PM

and if you can't get these answers from just talking to the members, then research their websites. read up about what they do, their phil events, what clubs their sisters are on, see pics of their social scene, etc etc.

By: aaaaaa
#2  by: You do you   

Truthfully you can have nearly the same experience in all chapters. We all have our own charity events, we all play sports, we all do song fest among many other things and we are all a part of panhellenice. The girls who had random convos with you probnaly didn't want you to have the same repetitive conversation you had already encountered in the other 7 rooms, that being said, it doesn't mean those girls and their chapter do not value the same things you chatted about with other chapters. Think about the girls you talked with and how they reacted. Think about whether or not you could see yourself there for the next four years. Think about how you felt, whether you felt valued as a person and whether the girl was just feeding you things she felt she had to, or whether the conversation was genuine. Only when these thoughts are pondered and you consider the options you have can you fully be sure of your choice. Tbh i knew I'd love anywhere I ended up, but chose my chapter because I felt the girls remembered me and were genuinely happy when they saw me walk in the door and I was happy to be walking in.

By: You do you
by: BumpSep 23, 2015 1:46:01 PM

Bump

By: Bump
#3  by: aaaa   

bump

By: aaaa
#4  by: Papappapa   

Bump

By: Papappapa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.