facebook

Is it hard to fit in if you’re not from GA?

by: C/o26

I’ll be attending in the fall and want to rush but I’m far from being a local. From some of the rank descriptions and looking at Instagram it seems like a lot of members are local girls. Will it be hard fitting in if I’m from a big city in a neighboring state? My mom is a VSU alum so I feel a connection to the school but I don’t know any current students or incoming freshman. Thanks!

Posted By: C/o26
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

You will definitely find your friends here. There is a place for everyone at VSU. I highly recommend going through sorority recruitment to see if you find a new home. Even if you don’t end up choosing a sorority, you’ll make really great memories and meet a lot of people.

By: Yes
#2  by: Daisy   

Some of the sororities are pretty closed off to non locals (unless you have some good recommendation letters or other connections), but I’d say you’d still have good chances with 4/6. Lots of people from out of state come to VSU because of the border state tuition discount, especially Florida, to the point where it sometimes feels like more of the school is from FL than GA! I would just keep an open mind during rush and trust the process.

By: Daisy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.