facebook

Spring Rush 2021

by: Blazer

Due to circumstances (not by my choice) I have been unable to rush during the past fall semesters, which has discouraged me from rushing at all. I am really wanting to look into Spring rush, but worried about my upperclassmen status. I am starting my junior year. Is it worth looking into, or have my chances timed out?

Posted By: Blazer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Alumni    

Hey girl ! No I say go for it ! There are a lot of perks to wait until Spring recruitment !

It’s informal, so you don’t have to buy a bunch of clothes, there isn’t a fee to pay, and it’s much more relaxed. Normally it last 2-3 days and you meet with a sister or 2 in a public setting . Like going out to dinner , or sometimes a small group will throw a party with you and whoever else they are considering on extending a bid to.

Only down sides to this are that not all sororities always participate in spring recruitment . This is totally dependent on whether or not they meet quota in the fall or have permission from nationals to do continuous bidding.
Happy rushing !

By: Alumni
by: BlazerAug 15, 2020 2:37:23 PM

Do you think me being a junior will hurt my chances any?

By: Blazer
#2  by: Alumni   

Not always. I’ve known seniors who’ve been given bids during fall. I will say it’s normally less likely. Just from a sororities stand point they’d rather give a bid to a freshmen because theoretically they’d be here longer and hold positions, BUT if they like you and you like them then the age/school year won’t matter .

I’m not sure if you know any girls inside some of the chapters but I did hear that quota was raised after recruitment ! So they will be giving out snap bids fairly soon. If you know someone on the inside I’d recommend reaching out to the recruitment chair :) !

By: Alumni

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.