facebook

Sororities - ISC vs. Panhellenic

by: confused

So as an incoming freshman, I thought that there weren't any greeks anymore at Bloomsburg. But on social media, I'm seeing Rush this and Rush that. I also noted that there's an ISC and Panhel. What's the difference? If greeks aren't recognized by campus, can I get in trouble for joining? What do these groups do if they aren't recognized by campus?

Thanks!

Posted By: confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anonymous    

Hey!! Isc is the inner sorority council and the panhel are the national sororities. The school doesn’t recognize them anymore but they are now non-profit organizations! You won’t get in trouble at all for joining either. The orgs still do community service and sisterhood events, definitely worth joining!!!

By: anonymous
#2  by: hi   

All recruitment and rush events are 100% legal!! The University does not support greek life anymore, but locals have started their own Panhellenic council and nationals still have their national support. Locals and Nationals have 2 separate recruitments and you can go through both.

By: hi
#3  by: Senior   

Local sororities have formed their own organization outside of Panhellenic, so they are basically like any other club you can join at bloomsburg, student run, not school sanctioned. Panhellenic sororities are still “legal” in the eyes of the national organization, so they are still nationally recognized and have the backing of boards of directors and adults/advisors.

By: Senior

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.