facebook

rumors

by: Fall

I heard that they might not do rush fall 17. Is this true?
I also heard that they wanna get rid of Gretchen.
Also I heard only certain groups take juniors. Which ones do. I'm gonna be a junior in the fall and want to know.

Posted By: Fall
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: false   

There is no truth to the rumor that there will be no recruitment in fall 2017. Once chapter total is reset at the beginning of fall semester, those chapters under total will be allowed to COB. If you go into recruitment with a set mind of only wanting the top 3 chapters, you'll be disappointed in the outcome.

By: false
#2  by: Bumbleburg   

It will be an informal rush in the fall and only sororities who are not at a certain quota will participate. It is not Gretchen who is the problem, she has her own supervisor who she has to make happy. The system is messed up basically because they all (including locals) have to follow the national Panhellenic policy where they can only have a certain amount of members and they follow this whole thing to monitor the hazing so there is none. I know that pixies and ASA had juniors who rushed and got in. Many people have complained about the whole system of rush that they will be hiring someone to investigate the whole situation and have girls who got dropped come back to tell their stories.

By: Bumbleburg
by: JuniorApr 29, 2017 10:00:01 PM

Do you who would most likely be able to rush next semester?

By: Junior
#3  by: Informed   

Bloomsburg follows National Panhellenic (NPC) policy. Since Bloomsburg does not allow 1st semester freshmen to pledge, their formal (large) recruitment period is in the spring so, chapter total (average size between all 10 sororities) is reset at the beginning of fall semester after graduating seniors have left. Any chapters that are below the new total number are allowed to individually recruit new members up to that total number. This fall period is called Informal Recruitment. In the spring, every chapter is able to participate in formal (traditional) recruitment regardless of chapter size. There is no restriction on class standing for rushees- you must only have the minimum required GPA requirement. If individual chapters turn a candidate away because she is a junior they are foolish. The previous poster is correct, local sororities are required to follow NPC policy as long as they want to remain members of the college Panhellenic council. As chapters, they should want to raise their operational standards to meet NPC standards as well- Gretchen is learning about NPC policy. There have been several problems and mistakes that could have been avoided if she were appropriately trained and invested in the process.

By: Informed
#4  by: if only...   

Gretchen has held this greek system back long enough!

By: if only...

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.