facebook

sorority informal rush

by: Curious

Any idea what sororities might be doing informal rush?

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: franz   

KKG isn't doing informal this year

By: franz
by: YupNov 30, 2015 11:33:56 PM

This is 100% true.

By: Yup
#12  by: Girl   

Bump

By: Girl
#13  by: Heads up   

Keep in mind that a house could still be doing informal even if they had a great pledge class or high numbers if they have a lot of seniors that graduate in the winter

By: Heads up
#14  by: Yeah   

Anyone know any houses that are doing it? Need to know which ones to reach out to.

By: Yeah
by: panhelDec 2, 2015 6:48:50 PM

sign up for informal on the panhel website, they will send your contact info to all of the chapters and they could decide to contact you from there

By: panhel
#15  by: pnm   

bump

By: pnm
#16  by: ex-pledge ed   

Hi everyone!
I just finished my term as the new member educator and I can tell you almost every house is going to be doing informal.
We meet like every month and after talking to everyone else, we found out that every house lost 19s (some middle tier houses lost 10+) and a lot of houses have seniors graduating this semester. So there will be informal.

Sadly, a lot of the women going through informal will be 19s that dropped their houses. A lot of the NME I talked to said the 19s who dropped have the idea that they are just going to do informal and pledge at a "better" house. No one wants bratty sisters like that. Also, just so you know, if you pledged a house this fall you can't pledge again until next fall.

By: ex-pledge ed
by: reality checkDec 13, 2015 12:22:33 AM

There are many reasons why a women might choose to not continue with Greek life. Generalizing every women as "bratty" social climbers is ignorant of you. Greek life is expensive and time consuming. Not all women can continue to be active members until graduation. Some women just didn't feel at home in their house. Sorry but the system does not work perfectly. Not everyone should "trust the system". While many girls found their homes, a lot didn't. They either quit or pretend to like it miserably. If every house had girls quit, where do the girls in the "top houses" want to go? As you said, the girls who dropped have the idea that they are going to pledge at a better house. What constitutes better?

I think the 19's who quit deserve more. While some may have had false intentions, stereotyping them all into brats is tasteless, and says a lot about the house you are in. You are clearly a NME who is salty that someone didn't want to be in your house anymore. Newsflash: it has a lot more to do with them than it does to do with you. Get over yourself.

By: reality check
by: umJan 7, 2016 1:02:38 PM

if a girl accepts a bid to a house during formal they're not allowed to do informal... definitely not written by anyone on the executive board of any sorority here

By: um
#17  by: @ above   

Seriously, be careful what you wish for. They may end up in a " worse " house. People like that are just shameful. that is such an slap in the face to the girls in the houses they dropped. I hope most people know who they are when they are coming through next year so they can drop them like a lead balloon. I know I will be Watching for them.

By: @ above
#18  by: So   

As of now, who is going to be doing it?

By: So
#19  by: Interested   

Bump

By: Interested
#20  by: Omg   

Omg

By: Omg

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.