facebook

cost of sorority

by: freshgreek

I'm an incoming freshman girl that is very interested in rushing. There doesn't seem to be much information about the cost of sorority life at U of I, so I was wondering if anyone could give me any info about the average costs. Generally how much are dues per semester and on average how much does joining a sorority at Illinois cost the first year? Anything else I should know about the cost of joining a sorority?

Posted By: freshgreek
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: @ queen   

Wow, the funny thing is that there are beautiful girls in all of the houses and average looking girls in all houses as well as not so good looking girls. This I will say and I am sure everyone agrees gos for the queen houses as well.

By: @ queen
#12  by: @ queen    

Thats why so many beauties are in middle of the road houses .... because of this kind of attitude with those top 3 houses.

By: @ queen
#13  by: @ above   

So true

By: @ above
#14  by: @ all of you   

Its true hate to say it

By: @ all of you
by: @ all of youSep 4, 2014 7:28:42 AM

It's kind of scary because some girls go into those top 3 houses very sweet. By the time the 2nd year comes around they are walking around like they really are legitimate queens. Kind of scary but thats why every year there recruitment seems to get worse and worse.

By: @ all of you
#15  by: Just   

Go with your heart and you will be fine. There is a place for everyone

By: Just
by: sororityJun 8, 2017 10:09:56 PM

true

By: sorority
#16  by: @ all pnms   

Beware Please Beware of the Mean girls be careful . read and think

By: @ all pnms
by: RWAug 31, 2015 2:23:17 PM

Can you tell me the three houses you are referring to? My daughter is in the middle of rush week right now. She told me the top three sororities on her list after the first weekend are: Chi Omega, Alpha Chi Omega and Delta Gamma. Any feedback on these three? Thanks!

By: RW
#17  by: bubbles   

So I am interested in rushing when I am a freshman in college (im a freshman right now in HS). my mom cannot pay for anything i do in college. so do you reccomend me rushing even though i would have to pay for basically every and anything i do in college

By: bubbles
by: sorority sisterApr 15, 2017 1:35:40 PM

hun, that's a very long way off. try to get through highschool before worrying what you do in 4 years. A lot can change in a few years..that being said, I encourage anybody interested in joining a sorority to rush. But don't worry too much about that right now

By: sorority sister
by: sorority sisterApr 15, 2017 1:36:56 PM

also, i'm im the same situation as you and i'm im college on scholarships and loans. I have a lot of sisters that work to pay their dues, including me. It's 100% possible to do it on your own!

By: sorority sister
by: congratulations@bubblesApr 20, 2017 4:21:58 PM

You have the wonderful opportunity to plan financially NOW for your future collegiate life with sorority recruitment included. Get moving and get a summer job or several, since at your age there may be more than one open opportunity. Go to a bank with your parent(s) to open a savings account. Save a serious minimum 75-80% of your earnings. It will be very worth it to save so much when after 4 years you see all the funds you are able to use toward college expenses/necessities.

It will also be wise to study well in HS since good grades mean scholarships to universities. Keep in close contact throughout HS with a competent guidance counselor who will get you into the HS courses your skills can manage toward great grades and then peak scholarship/university choices.

Good Luck!

By: congratulations@bubbles

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.