facebook

Rush advice for frat

by: lol

So how does one find time to attend all the events for all the 30 or so frats?

Or is it not possible?

So how many houses at most am I able to rush or should rush?

Should I have a list of 5-10 frats and that’s it?

How many weeks is rush?

Posted By: lol
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Truth   

The glory of frat rushing is you have the choice to rush whatever house you want as many as you want. It’s not required to attend every event but it’ll look good. Think of it like sports practice. Coach says it’s optional but it never really is. It makes yourself look good if you show up. Guys will only offer bids to those that they like/vibe with. If you show up and talk to multiple different guys throughout the days, the higher your chances of one of them liking you. Doesn’t hurt to have a big list but prioritize the events of the ones you really want. Good luck

By: Truth
#2  by: Truth   

The glory of frat rushing is you have the choice to rush whatever house you want as many as you want. It’s not required to attend every event but it’ll look good. Think of it like sports practice. Coach says it’s optional but it never really is. It makes yourself look good if you show up. Guys will only offer bids to those that they like/vibe with. If you show up and talk to multiple different guys throughout the days, the higher your chances of one of them liking you. Doesn’t hurt to have a big list but prioritize the events of the ones you really want. Good luck

By: Truth
#3  by: Actual answer   

You will not attend every one. Even when there was formal rush back in the day you had to pick something like 15 or so.

I'd recommend going to Quad Day. You can meet a lot of frats in one day, then narrow down your list. Talk to your classmates, maybe some have older brothers. Walk by the different houses, you might see guys hanging out and see if they seem to have a good vibe. Check out their Instagrams.

Realistically you will not visit them all, and honestly that is ok because it is most likely you will like more than one anyway.

By: Actual answer
#4  by: Oscar Lundo   

Rush every single fraternity and do not miss an event or they will not bid you. Rush is the entire first semester

By: Oscar Lundo
by: LolAug 17, 2023 3:44:01 AM

I thought it was just 4 weeks

By: Lol
by: HumptyAug 18, 2023 12:50:23 AM

It is generally 4-5 weeks depending on the frat.

Oscar the Grouch is just messin with ya.

By: Humpty

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.