facebook

What is this? A caste system?

by: Observation

I thought fraternities and sororities were about leadership and supporting each other. What this looks like in some of these tiering posts is a stratification system of human beings. We've already had enough of that in this country. I couldn't believe that one post said the "bottom" tier people shouldn't even dare try to talk to the "better" tier people. What, are the human beings in the "bottom" 2/3 of a person? Yikes. As a person of color, I won't be joining the Greek system.

Posted By: Observation
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bro   

I agreed with you until you said “as a person of color I won’t be joining the Greek system”. What does that have to do with your previous statements?

By: Bro
by: maybeSep 14, 2020 5:24:55 PM

Maybe they feel like they are getting judged for the color of their skin? Or maybe they got a "lower house" because they are a person of color. The diversity increases the "lower" the tier you go, which is disgusting.

By: maybe
by: ObservationSep 14, 2020 5:28:58 PM

Bro, I have been getting judged my entire life. I'm not going to enter into another system that will do the same. This was my first time checking this out.

By: Observation
#2  by: sad   

It's honestly really sad. some people actually do think like this, hierarchy and tiers and all that stuff, and these people are "top house people" or whatever that means. Some people honestly think that going to more parties makes them a better person and they are top. Greek life has become a toxic cesspool of people judging each other on looks and letting them "get in" to certain houses. As someone who is in a "lower tier house", I get judged all the time for trying to associate with "top house" people. Kinda makes me hate greek life and regret joining it in the first place.

By: sad
#3  by: Nope    

Here we go with the fake posters, geeds, sjws and anti- Greek freaks, byeeeee

By: Nope
#4  by: this whole post is fake   

And if the OP is really going to avoid the Greek system because of some comments from a very small number of random anonymous people, 75% of whom are not even current students, then he probably is not smart enough to be accepted to UofI.

On the very unlikely chance that the post is real, meet them in person and decide in an intelligent way. You may be pleasantly surprised.

By: this whole post is fake

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.