facebook

First Invite Schedules

by: pnm101

Did y’all get the houses you wanted or were they mostly lower ranked?

Posted By: pnm101
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: pnm   

A weird mix I won’t lie. I got top and bottom houses nothing in the middle

By: pnm
by: rand1Sep 5, 2020 6:44:41 PM

same i got my top top but bunch of bottoms too

By: rand1
#2  by: PNM   

I got back 6, 2 top, 2 middle and two low. I wonder how severe cuts will be next round, nervous.

By: PNM
#3  by: ??   

Why would you get cut from a house during open house if you exceed the gpa requirement that they put on the finance sheets?

By: ??
by: Sorority ~gal~Sep 5, 2020 8:33:06 PM

Just bc someone meets the minimum gpa does not mean they'll get in! Just like how PNMs rank sororities, sororities rank PNMs. For example let's say apple beta pie has a 2.7 minimum. they may order the 600 PNMs based on gpa, extracurriculars, legacy status, etc. And put that list into Panhellenic. If each sorority gets back 300 girls, then the top 300 or so that have a mutual connection (pnm is high on apple beta Pie's list, and sorority is high on Apple Pi's list) will be the ones that advance to next round. these girls may have a higher gpa then the cutoff bc it's essentially sororities wanting the best/most well-rounded students and women they can get into the next round!

By: Sorority ~gal~
by: pnm101Sep 5, 2020 10:01:44 PM

wait so when we pref our 7 again it’s going through the same process rt so that means that each house should get back 150 girls?

By: pnm101
#4  by: pnm   

i got one lower mid and the rest 5 bottom :/

by: It’s okSep 5, 2020 10:34:14 PM

There’s really only 2 clear “bottom” houses on campus so don’t worry. The rest you got are similar to the other mid houses

By: It’s ok
#5  by: pnm   

what are these "bottom" you speak of?

by: hahahaSep 6, 2020 9:26:28 AM

AEPhi & phi Mu.

By: hahaha
by: yikesSep 6, 2020 10:30:00 AM

yaaa i saw on insta they tried 2 make their vids look like they were top houses; once pnms talk to them they will see

By: yikes
by: Yo mama Sep 6, 2020 10:38:34 AM

Actually there a 1/2 dozen bottom houses, upper or lower, still bottom tier. That doesn’t mean they won’t be a good fit for some pnms, go by the girls not the subjective rankings

By: Yo mama
by: SratSep 6, 2020 10:39:49 AM

This year is So different, with zoom and never meeting girls and harsh first cuts of girls houses would have loved to have back....the lower houses will benefit. It only takes a few fun girls to start lifting a lower house up.

Guarantee this year will mess with all houses so stay in there PMNs

By: Srat
by: Honestly Sep 6, 2020 1:28:34 PM

I think last year messed with many “top” houses. Some ended up short and it really leveled things out.

By: Honestly
by: Yellow561Sep 6, 2020 2:33:13 PM

You think last year leveled things off. A whole new leveling is about to go down, I mean seriously we all know this. Bid day is going to happen w/out any one meeting face/face. Yikes.

By: Yellow561
#6  by: Pnm 24    

So I got back 9 and a wide mix. Including two legacy houses (my mom and sister) one is so called top and the other is bottom and I liked them both the most.

By: Pnm 24
by: LegacySep 6, 2020 3:11:53 PM

That's cool. I really liked the house my mom was in as well. Does anyone know how much weight houses give to legacies? My friend's sister said it varies by house, but just checking if anyone has more details than that.

By: Legacy
by: LegacySep 6, 2020 3:30:51 PM

Basically being a legacy means a pnm is more likely to stay interested in a particular house because they have a connection to it, that’s how my house thinks of it anyway, we keep that in mind but it doesn’t affect too many things really

By: Legacy
by: Legacy HouseSep 6, 2020 3:36:56 PM

Legacy Status Absolutely helps!

I’m our chapter it’s a big deal and if if you make it to pref you go to the top of the pref list.

By: Legacy House
by: sooooSep 6, 2020 4:38:58 PM

I thought some houses were moving away from legacy status having benefits? Thought I read DG was one of these but I’m not sure

By: soooo
#7  by: Nope   

5 just having a hard time processing how I got cut from that many houses without anyone ever meeting me.

By: Nope
#8  by: leg   

i heard that dg got rid of there legacy status thing

By: leg
by: YesSep 6, 2020 5:41:11 PM

Yes Dg did

By: Yes
#9  by: Hey listen up freshmen!!   

public service announcement, gphi and phi sigs are for the streets

By: Hey listen up freshmen!!
by: BettySep 6, 2020 4:25:13 PM

Basically your an as#$&le. Good luck with that

By: Betty
by: ?Sep 6, 2020 5:53:17 PM

I have been hearing this and what does it mean?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.