facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 7 of 17
#61  by: TrueFrats   

I rushed a sorority, middle tier, and this is generally what your going to be told.
Top Tier: Sigma Chi and ATO remain top houses. Not really a clear king frat.
Second Tier: Delts, SAE,
Third Tier, Houses on the Rise. FIJI, Alpha Chi Rho, Delta Upsilon, ZBT, and Sigma Alpha Mu (Sammies)
These houses typically weren't known well or really great houses but people actually seem to be gaining respect for them. Will the be top tier in a year or two? of course not.
FELL OFF:
Pikes. Acacia. What happened to these two...they're earning themselves a bad rep.
The rest? Unknown, Sigma Kappa feeders. Don't rush outside these houses. You will be disappointed.

By: TrueFrats
#62  by: Sorority Page?   

Alpha Delta Phi, self-rate much? I thought I was on the fraternity page. I'll be completely honest. I never heard anything (good or bad) about that frat.

By: Sorority Page?
#63  by: @True Frats   

Third tier frats are more like Phi Delts, Theta Xi, Sig Eps, Lambda Chi... Alpha Chi Rho is nowhere near the top. Even middle tier frats like KDR, Kappa Sigma, Psi U, Pi Kaps have better social calendars. AXP is socially in the same league as Chi Psi, Sigma Nu, AKL. This doesn't mean that they're a "bad" house to join, they just aren't well known.

By: @True Frats
#64  by: Former GDI   

Since people seemed satisfied with the rankings I posted a while ago, here's a repost:
IMO: Tier1: Pike,SigChi,ATO
T2: Delts, AlphaSigs,SAE,
T3: SigEP, LambdaChi, Acacia, FIJI, ZBT, PhiDelt.
Some people suggested moving Delts up a tier and AlphaSigs down, but either way this is the consensus top 10 or 11 frats.
To address all the self-posts and people like @TrueFrats, AlpaChiRho is not even close to a top frat. Frat ranks are typically based on social calendar, which includes exchanges, block, ect. Therefore, frats like AXP, DU, ThetaXi, and Sammies are not top 10 frats. The ones I listed have good social calendars. All sororities have frats they like/dislike and some frats have certain 'reps,' so there is no way get an agreed upon ranking. That said, not being a top frat doesn't mean you suck. Hangout with/join fraternities you like, not because someone told you they were 'good.'

By: Former GDI
#65  by: illinifratchamp   

@formerGDI Alpha sigs isn't up there with delts or SAE.

Tier1: Pike,SigChi,ATO
T2: Delts,SAE,
T3: SigEP, LambdaChi, Acacia, FIJI, ZBT, PhiDelt.

By: illinifratchamp
#66  by: TrueFrats2   

There is literally nothing that seperates FIJIs calender from DU and AXP. Bump FIJI down or the other two up.

I was just giving my honest opinion. I don't care if you think my third tier was wrong. Let's be honest...does third tier even matter that much? No. What frat would run around bragging that they were rated a third teir house by some stupid site? So why even complain especially when it's the truth. You act like I said those houses would be king frats in a year or two, LOL. Of course not. Not even close. And I'm not in either of those houses or even a guy, I just know brothers at many houses through APO

By: TrueFrats2
#67  by: @fratchamp   

I dont know about taking alpha sigs out. They got money, class and a kickass house. They're not delts or sae but they aren't below tier 3. I also think Fiji needs to leave. I agree with true frats.

By: @fratchamp
#68  by: to posts below   

alpha sigs is no where near tier 2. they are irrelevant. awful social calendar. yes they have a nice house but they don't have much more. also, fiji is nothing as well as lambda chi.

only relevant houses in order:

ATO/Sig Chi
Pikes
SAE
Delts
ZBT
Acacia
Sig Ep (best sorority)

By: to posts below
#69  by: Acacia   

Is a joke. Stop self ranking and stop ranking them high, that's in the past. Top houses in to posts below is right EXCEPT ACACIA

By: Acacia
#70  by: illinifratchamp   

yep.It is what it is

ATO/Sig Chi
Pikes
SAE
Delts
ZBT
Acacia
Sig Ep (best sorority)

Money, class, and a kickass house doesnt make anyone good. comes down to the guys. SAE started from practically nothing 3 years ago and has moved to the top by partying hard and getting really cool guys. Call me when alpha sigs books block with theta, dg or tri delt. Then they will be up there with SAE. Fiji isn't very good either.

By: illinifratchamp

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.