facebook

where are all the greek restaurants?

by: Lois Helfinger

Hi everyone. My name is Lois helfinger and I came on this website to learn about the best greek restaurants on the Illinois University campus when I visit with my grandson next week. Why is everyone talking about fraternities and sororities on here? I just want a good gyro and to have a great time with my wonderful, amazing, smart grandson Alex delfino !! Does anyone know where to get the best gyros!!! Maybe some sea bass as well.

Posted By: Lois Helfinger
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Greek girl    

Lois, sorry to say I can’t be of help but I’m dying for a seriously juicy gyro myself, the more tzatziki sauce, the better. Hope you get some leads on here. Enjoy your time with Alex and maybe you guys should check out Kams for some blue guys? Little different from Ouzo but highly recommend!

By: Greek girl
#2  by: Hump 2020   

Hi Lois,
Unfortunately Greek restaurants were outlawed after the great gyro war of 2017. Although if you’re looking to eat some good fish, try a top sorority or Phi Psi. I’ve never actually dined inside one, but every time I walk past I can always smell fresh seafood coming from their house.

By: Hump 2020
by: And....Feb 18, 2020 2:39:16 PM

One more thing to add to Hump’s helpful advice, don’t limit yourself to only the top sororitys, you can find a variety of seafood options in all the tiers here, as well as in couple select frats. Good luck.

By: And....
by: Lois HelfingerFeb 18, 2020 2:44:02 PM

thank you Hump for your response. I never knew that there was a war of gyros here at the illinois University. I am Carbondale University class of 1947, and boys would usually stay away from sororities that smelled of seafood, for reasons you can determine yourself

By: Lois Helfinger
#3  by: Greek girl    

Lois, not going to weigh in on Hump’s suggestion of Taco Bell for your family dinner, although I thought you mentioned Greek? I feel obligated to warn you if you do indulge in a blue guy( or several) at Kams, don’t agree to be included in ‘ icing out’ , trust me on this. Your grandson may think it’s good idea, especially with the hot bartenders cheering him on, but no. Enjoy the weekend!!

By: Greek girl
#4  by: .!   

Go on green

By: .!
#5  by: pita    

Lois, one more thing. Please let us know if you find any decent saganaki around campus, that would be a wonderful thing. Opa!

By: pita
#6  by: Wo   

Bruh why are you talking to yourself? Lol you must be really bored. Just study or watch a movie or something

By: Wo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.