facebook

sigma nu discussion

by: GR Administrator

Sigma Nu fraternity chapter comments at University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: ThetasTown   

Had a good time there. Honestly, the most beautiful fraternity house on campus, they need more guys though, and MOST GIRLS DON'T DRINK BEER BOYS!!!! Seriously though, have to agree with Socialite, this is a frat to watch.

By: ThetasTown
#2  by: RedBaron92   

I rushed here freshman year but ended up at a house that most consider a tier or two above Sig Nu. TBH it was a toss up between the two. Aside from being well known, they had everything a guy should be looking for. Great brotherhood, hope their fall recruitment goes well, they deserve it- Respect from a fellow Greek

By: RedBaron92
by: ooz@ red baronOct 11, 2013 10:24:57 PM

There should be more of that respect for fellow greeks at your school especially among the sororities.

By: ooz@ red baron
#3  by: real talk   

who are you?

By: real talk
#4  by: spring rush   

Anyone know anything about Sig Nus here at illinois?? My brother was one at his college and I thought it might be cool to carry on the tradition. Ive heard they arent too popular but are climbing fast due to strong national support and that they are becoming a really good frat but Ive also heard that no one knows who they are. Anyone have any opinions on these guys?!?

By: spring rush
by: locationDec 30, 2013 2:32:15 PM

their house is far from the bars. I've seen them volunteer with thetas once but thats it.

By: location
#5  by: a girl   

they're generally pretty classy.

By: a girl
#6  by: miami triad    

Old-timers will inform Sigma Nu was a perennial king frat up until the 1990's when a series of misfortunate events/behaviors unseated their charter and their reputation for several years. Perhaps the frat with the highest ratio of truly successful alumni, they are now establishing a foothold. Give them time to regain their former stature. Keep in mind, Sigma Nu's have always been somewhat "low key" in the sense they're programmed to maintain an air of softspoken confidence without arrogance.

By: miami triad
by: royal scamFeb 10, 2014 9:15:19 AM

Does anyone know who some of the other top houses were during that period?

I'm told Betas & Acacia were up there with Sigs & Sigma Nu last century?

Guess it doesn't matter?
Or does it?

By: royal scam
#7  by: michigan avenue   

It matters if you're Dr. Who.....

By: michigan avenue
#8  by: halsted   

Sigma Nu was never the best house......Top 5 at best......They've never had more than 75 members.

But, yes, if you want to consider their families' net worth, Sigma Nu was the billionaire boys club.....Not sure if this still applies?

By: halsted
#9  by: deal   

Are there benefits to being in a smaller house <100 members?

Does it enhance the quality of brotherhood when most/all members live within the confines of one house?

Why do some fraternities choose to stay small?

By: deal
by: dart boardFeb 26, 2014 1:17:50 PM

Smaller frats, such as Sigma Nu, find it difficult to block with sororities >300 members. The size of the house dictates its notoriety. Hence, Sigma Nu will not regain its once-held "king" status unless it doubles or triples in size?

By: dart board
#10  by: Deal   

just go to the houses and see which ones you like. Simple as that

By: Deal

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.