facebook

sorority stereotypes

by: PNM

hi!
i’m rushing this year and i’d like to know a little bit more about the stereotype of each house and what it is known for. whether the girls are nice, smart, like to party etc. just so i can get a feel for each house.

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: exposing   

Theta, TriDelt = fake, rude, superficial
Delta Gamma = white, blonde, rich, screams vineyard vines (not a single person who isnt white in this sorority)
^^ based on actual interactions

If you're basing on stereotypes, stay away from top houses. You'll usually find a good group of girls in middle tier

By: exposing
by: yikes Aug 23, 2019 1:37:38 PM

Theta girls are typical mean girls. If you were a "mean" girl in high-school you will fit right in. YIKES!

By: yikes
by: well....Aug 26, 2019 11:28:18 PM

You didn't really say anything bad about DG, so I guess that is the recommendation.

By: well....
#2  by: Hey   

Delta Gamma - tries to scam guys on Tinder buy pretending to sell them feet pics

By: Hey
by: hahahahaAug 26, 2019 9:59:14 PM

lmao

By: hahahaha
#3  by: Hey   

Aphi, theta, tridelt - rly pretty and very social but kind of stuck up and mean
Gphi Dg Axo Kd kkg -also very pretty and social, nicer than the other top houses but kind of dumb
Xo axid adpi pi phi- not the most social but decently so, pretty focused on school, can come off annoying but are genuine

The other houses don’t rly have stereotypes bc they’re not as relevant or talked about on campus

By: Hey
#4  by: hmm   

I would base your thoughts on your conversations you will have with girls in each chapter. Stereotypes are just that, not every girl fits them.(And most of the time, they are far from the truth!)

I am guilty of this as well though. I used to have thoughts on certain sororities (I rushed last year), but throughout the year I've gotten to know girls in a sororities that I had previously thought were rude and stuck up. However, the ones I have met from those sororities have been super sweet and not superficial or rude at all.

When you rush, you'll meet (usually) more than one person from each house during open house. Let that be a defining factor for you--not what people on this website say.

Another tip: It's better to end up being a part of a house were you feel a legitimate connection with the girls (that is a middle or low "tier"), rather than join a "top-tier" house to only feel out-of-place.

Good luck with rush!!

By: hmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.