facebook

success stories?

by: Hey how’s life?

I wasn’t able to join a sorority this year due to both financial and personal reasons sadly. Problem is I’m a sophomore right now. So I was just wondering if anyone has/has heard of any success stories of juniors (or older) rushing and getting a house they liked? Any input would be welcome

Posted By: Hey how’s life?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yes   

It doesn’t hurt to try. Give it a shot!

By: yes
#2  by: yup   

I know juniors that got bids to houses they liked this year and last year. Reality is that if you’re very pretty it doesn’t matter and you’ll do well unless you’re horrible with conversation. If not, you’ll still do okay as long as you are likeable. Sophomores definitely had the harder time this year

By: yup
#3  by: junior   

I went through recruitment as a junior this year, and I got one of my top houses. Literally just be yourself. Don’t try to act a certain way because then it becomes obvious that you’re different from the majority of the people going through recruitment. You’ll have a great result if you stay true to yourself.

By: junior
#4  by: Give it up   

Wish I could say you’d get into a decent house but prob not the case. Bottom line is sororitys want your money for four years. That’s why they love the freshman. Maybe if you’re like a super model and have 1000 friends on social media.

By: Give it up
#5  by: positive    

Please don’t count yourself out. Go through recruitment, and see where it takes you. If you don’t like it, that’s okay, but 9/10 you will. Good luck!

By: positive
#6  by: honest   

There will be more juniors than usual rushing next year, just from what i’ve seen. so that’ll probably boost your chances. so many girls are in your same boat

By: honest
#7  by: Junior   

I transfered to uiuc at the start of my junior year and I got all but 3 or 4 houses back, and they wouldn't have been a good fit for me anyways. My top 2 both asked me back, and I got into my favorite house and it was one of the best choices I've made at uiuc. It's definitely achieveable if you trust the system and keep an open mind.

By: Junior
by: UmmSep 27, 2018 1:44:50 PM

Transferring in is different than being a student for the past two years and rushing as a junior, but great story

By: Umm
by: AgreedSep 27, 2018 6:26:14 PM

That’s what I was worried about, transferring vs being a student already for two years

By: Agreed
#8  by: Idk   

For the first time in a while there were more sophomores rushing this year, it seems like most didn’t get the results they wanted. I think more juniors that have been going to the school will go through it again. Depending on how informal goes I think recruitment will be extremely different next year. It’ll be interesting to watch

By: Idk
by: numbersNov 18, 2018 7:14:20 PM

If enough women skip frosh rush and then are having a good time at school without being in a soro during soph year, they might not ever join! HOWEVER any house worth it's salt will still be hospitable to juniors who pass thru recruitment, and even bid them if they like them. Transfer students have just as much right and chance to be recruited, and if they possess the desired standards and values of the group looking to have them belong they will be bid. It only takes one bid!

By: numbers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.